Penguins?

Gonzo'sTrumpet

Reaction score
Are there any plans for penguins? I love the penguins!! What would the muppets be like without penguins? They could do an animal pack, with penguins and dogs and stuff! Penguins! Ken, do you know?

Drtooth

Reaction score
In one of the upcoming PVC sets (Muppet Christmas Carol to be exact) we will see some Penguins... be patient!

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, the peguin MCC PVCs are nice, though I would have hoped for a penguin or two character packin. I know having giant grand pianos, cannons, and everything you can fit in a blister card is nice...but who here would rather have a penguin packin than what came with Scooter, or some of the other excessive accessories? Hopefully Palisades will reveal some surprise penguin goodness at Toy Fare.

*for the record, I strongly feel Gaffer cat should have come with Scooter instead of all the other misc erroneous items*

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey Cory,

Ken recently responded to this idea in another thread (whether it was on MC or Palisades or someplace else I can't remember and can't find it...)

Basically, any pack-in character, no matter how small or generic, like Penguins, Chickens, Rats, etc., is still a Muppet Character. Because of this, there's an additional licensing fee to make that character. In addition, there's a sculpting fee involved in making the characters, but not with most of the accessories. Therefore, Rowlfs big-A-- piano cost less to produce and include with the figure than Camilla does for Series 5's Gonzo.

I would LOVE to see some generic penguins, chickens, or rats thrown in as pack-ins too, but it sounds like it would prohibitively expensive. I may end up buying 3 S5 Gonzos and making slight modifications to two of the chickens to give myself more of a flock.

I'm wondering though, if the cost of the sculpt/license could be spread across several series if they used the same penguin sculpt as a pack-in for two or three different figures; not sure how that would work.

Quinnie Quinn Quinn

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Basically, any pack-in character, no matter how small or generic, like Penguins, Chickens, Rats, etc., is still a Muppet Character. Because of this, there's an additional licensing fee to make that character. In addition, there's a sculpting fee involved in making the characters

I'm wondering though, if the cost of the sculpt/license could be spread across several series if they used the same penguin sculpt as a pack-in for two or three different figures; not sure how that would work.

Well, then there is a few things Im wondering. Did they have to pay licencing for that sword fish that Lew Zealand comes with, as I swear he had a talking bit part on a TMS episode. What about the Beethoven bust? Doesnt Don Music from Sesame have the same one? Doesnt Ernie also have rubber ducky, the same item that Invisible Fozzie comes with? I mean how do you distinguish between a character, a packin, and an accessory...and isnt that Kermit Koozebane gonna seem a bit like Sesame's Kermit?
aw...in the midst of a war, these my friend are the questions of that really matter. All I know is, the fans have spoken about penguins^_^

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Well, then there is a few things Im wondering. What about the Beethoven bust? Doesnt Don Music from Sesame have the same one?

Doesnt Ernie also have rubber ducky, the same item that Invisible Fozzie comes with?

I mean how do you distinguish between a character, a packin, and an accessory...and isnt that Kermit Koozebane gonna seem a bit like Sesame's Kermit?

aw...in the midst of a war, these my friend are the questions of that really matter. All I know is, the fans have spoken about penguins^_^
1) If Don Music does have the same one, he didn't speak--he did speak to Rowlf. And I don't know if they paid a licensing fee for him.

2) BLASPHEMER!!!! Ernie has Rubber Duckie. Capital "R," Capital "D." That's his name. Fozzie Bear may have had a rubber ducky, or even a rubber duckie, but he did NOT have Rubber Duckie.

3) Don't get my Koozebane Kermit unmade, or I'll come to California and beat the Beaker right out of you.

4) But have the PENGUINS spoken about the FANS....?

I'm not sure what that means.

:confused:

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
4) But have the PENGUINS spoken about the FANS....?

I'm not sure what that means.

:confused:

Quinnnnnnnnnnn
It's ok Quinn, it's late:wink:

Btw, Ken addressed the subject of Kermit Koozebane reporter versus Sesame Kermit. He said there was subtle differences...but all I gotta say is this is about as close as your gonna get to a Sesame Palisades fgure:wink: Btw, you wouldnt believe *how much* Im looking forward to Kermit Koozebane myself! :smile:
I mean, THREE articulated Koozebane action figures!!! Wow.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I mean, THREE articulated Koozebane action figures!!! Wow.
about as exciting to the casual fan as three lobster banditos though ! :rolleyes:

Good job nobody told Palisades that there are about 30 hardcore Muppet fans in the world and we all just wear fake beards and glasses to make it seem a few more ! :stick_out_tongue:

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I really think we should get some Penguins somewhere along the line.:smile: :stick_out_tongue: :wink:

Gonzo'sTrumpet

Reaction score
Wellll...... I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm not looking for a PVC penguin, but a full size penguin! :big_grin: