People in Your Neighborhood with David, Olivia, and AM

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It just struck me that during the televisual timeline during the closing of THE STREET WE LIVE ON, a clip of David, Olivia, and a Fat Blue AM singing "People in Your Neighborhood" is used for 1974, yet I can't recall ever seeing this: not on YouTube (either on SW's channel, or a fan uploading), nor on the SST.org site, and it never seems to be featured in any other compilations highlighting SST's past years (certainly wasn't on the 40 Years DVD set).

I'd say ditto, but less pressing for 1973 using Bob and Maria as spies singing "One of These Things," as somebody did upload that one recently, and it's described as one of those "lost gems."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's definitely weird that they said this clip was from 1974, considering Olivia wasn't even on the show until 1976.
The clip is clearly from the 80s and judging by the way David and Olivia looked, it's probably from around 1983 or 84. So maybe that was the confusion, maybe the clip was from 1984 so the year got confused with 1974.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got thinking about that as well - I didn't remember Olivia being on the street that early, and it's clear that while David didn't look as heavy as he did toward he last couple of years on the show, he clearly wasn't as lean as he was in the 70s - not to mention in the 70s, he looked a lot "cooler" than he did in that clip, usually wearing different hats, and unbuttoned shirts and what have you. I'm convinced now that this was a mistake on the editor's part, but I'm not sure if it's because of a year confusion as you theorized, or maybe because they specifically wanted a clip of "People in Your Neighborhood," and that' the one they selected out of dozens of different versions, for whatever reason.

Still, I've yet to see this clip entirely anywhere in any form: not online, not on DVD, not anywhere.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I got thinking about that as well - I didn't remember Olivia being on the street that early, and it's clear that while David didn't look as heavy as he did toward he last couple of years on the show, he clearly wasn't as lean as he was in the 70s - not to mention in the 70s, he looked a lot "cooler" than he did in that clip, usually wearing different hats, and unbuttoned shirts and what have you. I'm convinced now that this was a mistake on the editor's part, but I'm not sure if it's because of a year confusion as you theorized, or maybe because they specifically wanted a clip of "People in Your Neighborhood," and that' the one they selected out of dozens of different versions, for whatever reason.

Still, I've yet to see this clip entirely anywhere in any form: not online, not on DVD, not anywhere.
That's the way it is with some clips, Snowth. It falls in the same category with the 'surprise song,' 'the segment from the 70s where Big Bird tells Snuffy he's imaginary,' etc. Lost in oblivion