performers performing two monotones

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that in several sketches with Little Jerry and the Monotones, it looks like two of the monotones are always being performed by the same performer. Does it look this way to any of you? Of course, the monotones rarely move their arms on their (or, perhaps more accurately, their performers own), even the extra one who's obviously performed by a performer who had an extra free hand (I hope I worded that right). Of course, it could have been becaus eof a shortage of performers. When they were introduced, there were five recurring performers, and Jim, Frank, and Jerry seemed to be the main ones, with Caroll Spinney often performing his main characters in street scenes, and Fran Brill seemingly being absent a lot (I don't know if that's true, but after the second season she wasn't credited for a long time). Of course, members of the Muppet Workshop staff (Caroly Wilcox, Daniel Seagren, maybe John Lovelady) as well as Jane Henson have also been known to have performed when needed.