Performers/Shows question

Thijs

Reaction score
Rowlf and Dr. Teeth have the same voice, so...

I`d like to see more monsters. Doglion, Sweetums, Thog.
And of course Rowlf. And Henson guys: kepp using Sal and Johnny! I love those guys!

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think JHC has almost found the perfect balance. They have a really good mix of characters now and the core group has been revived. What we need now is a few more song, though AVMMC had some good ones. I was glad to see two acts on stage and even a Pepe stand up act :big_grin: . For some reasoning, seeing acts in the theater was better than seeing the acts in a studio in Muppets Tonight. Which makes no sense since it wasn't really on stage. :big_grin:

I think for the next muppet movie there shouldn't be any spontaneous musical numbers. Where all of a sudden everyone is singing. That style of movie doesn't really exist anymore. I would like to see songs that make sense in the movie though. Like AVMMC had that song with Gonzo and Kermit, that song fit perfectly even though it was like one of those spontaneous songs. JHC is REALLY on the right track with the muppets now and a new show or even a new theatrical release would move the muppets back into place. SO GET CRANKIN' PEOPL! :stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Secret, since you have been answering various questians, can you tell me what chances we may have if we were to send a script/screen play in to JHC? What are the chances of it's being made, if it was really good, or would it just be trown away with out being read?

If you don't answer this, I understand. We wouldn't want everyone here sending in (Not very good) Screenplays. It would be awful for the JHC.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Beauregard. I'm glad you asked this. To submit a script, screenplay, idea and so on to a production company you would need to go through a registered agent. Any unsolicited material is returned or destroyed, unopened.

As an aside. Same goes for any ideas posted on forums or websites. No Henson person would look at them for fear of being sued. Almost nobody steals ideas in Hollywood. And it would never happen at Henson. But posting sketch and ideas or scripts in public places is a virtual guarantee that those ideas will never happen. Even if the writers came up with them independently, if it's already been published online or someplace by someone else, they wouldn't do it for legal reasons.

I don't mean that for you personally Beau. Just a word of advice for anybody around here. The only way to submit an idea is through an agent. There are plenty of books on writers' marketplaces, selling screenplays and so on available.

secret squirrel

WiGgY

Reaction score
OMG! EVERYONE STOP POSTING! Our ideas will never get used! How aweful! What if after every post we say that anyone can use the ideas or something? There are so many ideas on these boards that nothing is eft for JHC to do!

Thijs

Reaction score
Easy goin`, Wigi (or whatever your name is). I am sure the Hensons have enough quality to write new scripts, that nobody ever made.

Do the Henson people read this forum actually?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Ok, 1) It's Wiggy W-I-G-G-Y. I'd appreciate it if someone would learn to spell it. I don't call other people "whatever your name is" and there are much weirder names than Wiggy of these boards.

2) I won't want some of the great ideas that exist on these boards to be wasted.

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Ok, 1) It's Wiggy W-I-G-G-Y. I'd appreciate it if someone would learn to spell it. I don't call other people "whatever your name is" and there are much weirder names than Wiggy of these boards.

2) I won't want some of the great ideas that exist on these boards to be wasted.
Sorry Wiggy. I was confused by the way you spell it, with big and small letters.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh dear, SCOOT, it seems our great idea wasn't so great.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel,

Just wanted to send a thank you for posting all your information on the board - it's nice getting a little view from the inside, and I'm sure everyone else appreciates it too. I always look for your posts to see what little tidbit of information we're going to find out next from you. Thanks so much for your time - we really appreciate it.

Jeremy