Pet Peeves

Phantom

Reaction score
I'm really anti-Wal Mart. The Simpsons had it right as "Sprawl Mart". I will drive more than an hour to either Knoxville or Lexington to avoid shopping there. But alas, when it is 1:30AM and you need dog food....whachagonnado.

Whatever

Reaction score
Well, I can get my prescription filled much cheaper there, plus its only a few mlies walking distance. I can't walk any further in a day, its too much time. Wal-Marts in Germany are pretty expensive and nasty, though. I gave up after being yelled at the second time I went there.

Fozzie54

Reaction score
I thought of another huge pet peeve of mine- those darn "left turn yield on green" traffic lights. I don't know how often you see them in other areas, but around here they're everywhere. It seems like 80% of the drivers out there don't even understand what "left turn yield on green" means. People see a green light and they just go left, regardless of the fact that a driver coming from the other direction going straight has the right of way. I can't tell you how many times I've almost hit someone who turned right in front of me. Personally, I would rather wait an extra 2 minutes at a light for a green arrow than to risk accidents because people don't understand what "left turn yield on green" means.

Anybody else have problems with these in their area?

Beebers

Reaction score
Fozzie54 said:
I thought of another huge pet peeve of mine- those darn "left turn yield on green" traffic lights. I don't know how often you see them in other areas, but around here they're everywhere. It seems like 80% of the drivers out there don't even understand what "left turn yield on green" means. People see a green light and they just go left, regardless of the fact that a driver coming from the other direction going straight has the right of way. I can't tell you how many times I've almost hit someone who turned right in front of me. Personally, I would rather wait an extra 2 minutes at a light for a green arrow than to risk accidents because people don't understand what "left turn yield on green" means.

Anybody else have problems with these in their area?

What ??? Wow, I'm glad we don't have these in Connecticut or Massachusetts. That's positively frightening. Or, more accurately, negatively frightening.

We do have lots of traditional triangular Yield signs in all the right places. In Massachusetts everyone honors them. In Connecticut no one does. I'd rather drive, well, you can guess where.

Whatever

Reaction score
Yees, Memphees dreefers ere-a vurld renooned fur scery scery dreefing. I du nut vunt tu leern hoo tu dreefe-a in Memphees. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Here-a in Indeeuna I em tveece-a es cereffool eruoond cers es must ooff zee oozeer stoodents becoose-a I em used tu Memphees dreefers. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Memphees elsu hes croommy veezeer. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Tonight we bought a book containing the sheet music for "If I Were a Rich Man" - ironically a book supposedly for people who want to try out for American Idol, though anyone singing that would almost certainly get the royal boot from Simon no matter how good they were... Anyway, we got it so my brother Nathan could audition for "Fiddler on the Roof" with that song, and I tried to play it for him when I got home, and I COULDN'T GET THE BOOK TO STAY OPEN!!!!! :grouchy: It's been a while since we've gotten a new book of sheet music, so I'd kind of forgotten what a pain that is. I HATE new sheet music books, unless they're spiral bound. What a pain!!!!
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
If my father knows a song, but doesn't know the words, he'll hum, through his nose, really awful nasal sounds that sorta sound like the words. I hate that.

Whatever

Reaction score
I hete-a speekeeng Spuneesh in Muck Svedeesh. I elveys furget vhet lungooege-a I em speekeeng in. Bork bork bork! Yu nu heblu ispunul.

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
If my father knows a song, but doesn't know the words, he'll hum, through his nose, really awful nasal sounds that sorta sound like the words. I hate that.

My Dad does that too, he'll sing the few words that he does know- and nosehum the rest of the song. It drives our whole family crazy! :crazy:

Elasaid

Reaction score
Nail biting really gets on my nerves. I dont' want to touch things that have had someone elses droolhands all over. When I'm around someone who nailbites a lot sometimes I catch myself doing it. This is not a good thing. :attitude:

I am also irked by people who talk about inane things after seeing a really serious thought provoking movie. Especially war movies. :cry: