Pet Peeves

Jennifer12

Reaction score
People---especially people in power---who say "nuc-u-lur" instead of nuc-le-ar! Look at the way the word is spelled! I won't name names, but the person who commits this infraction the most is currently working under the title of President of the United States!

I don't know why it bugs me so much, but it makes me want to scream every time I hear this word mispronounced. I mean, it IS a pretty important word, right?

Jennifer

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
My brother used to make the opposite mistake. He would call Count Chocula "Count Choclea" or Dracula "Draclea." Of course, that was when he was very little...

tiggie0686

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
People---especially people in power---who say "nuc-u-lur" instead of nuc-le-ar! Look at the way the word is spelled! I won't name names, but the person who commits this infraction the most is currently working under the title of President of the United States!
Yeah, that gets to me, too.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
Reminds me of my favourite quote:
"Thou shalt not be commander-in-chief in thou cannot pronounce the word 'nuclear'." -Judy Gold, Tough Crowd.
:big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Pop-up ads! In the past few days I've had so many I can barely function online, and all these error messages and everything keep popping up now too. And Explorer keeps quitting on me, and AIM is totally malfunctioning. Grrrrr... :grouchy:
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
jediX said:
:[*]When all people have to say is "ah" or "ok"
Ah! Ok.

You know, Sarah, those infomercials are addicting, aren't they? I just love my Chef Tony!

• Flossing. It's a disgusting habit, and one day I will prove that it is unhealthy.
  • Chewing with your mouth open gets to me.
  • Stupid people: probably something that's on everyone's list.
  • Annoying people: included in the stupid people part. I should hate these people, cuz I'm both stupid and annoying. :smile:
  • Having to watch the News. I can handle fake, movie violence although it may look real, but to see the real thing.... the news is very bothersome. I don't need more troubles in my life.

Ah, I've probably got more I'm not thinking of.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Pet Peeves:
When smart girls act stupid to get a guy. (Even though I was guilty of this for a while...)
Guys that follow girls around like lost puppy dogs, even when they do it to ME.
When people mispronounce my last name, especially since, IT'S NOT ALL THAT HARD TO SAY!!!
Stupid people.
My e-mail. At the moment, mail.com's got it rigged so that, half the time, I can't read my e-mail w/o having to dig through pop-up ads...Grrrr....
Long waits in line.
The fact that stores never have what I want.
People who complain I never call/write them, when they never bother to call/write ME. (Hey, WOW, the phone works BOTH ways.)

There's more, but it's lunchtime now, so I gotta go.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
People who complain I never call/write them, when they never bother to call/write ME. (Hey, WOW, the phone works BOTH ways.)
I know! That is so true!
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
Peeves

T.V. ads which clobber you over the head with noise, musical or otherwise.

Jennifer12

Reaction score
People who criticize a book, movie etc., when they haven't read the book or seen the movie!

Jennifer