Peter Orton Wins Special Achievement Award

Luke

Reaction score
I just wanted everyone to know that Pete Orton who is a great guy won a Special Achievement Award this evening at the 'Childrens Film And Television Bafta Awards' in the UK which are voted for by the British TV Industry.

Peter now runs HIT Entertainment, but has worked at the 'Childrens Television Workshop' and ran 'Henson International Television'.

Congrats Pete !

Heres more bio information about him :-

Peter Orton has over thirty years experience in the television industry. His background in international television distribution and co-production includes twelve years with the Children's Television Workshop (CTW) before setting up Henson International Television, the distribution arm of Henson Associates. Mr. Orton founded HIT in 1989 and was Chief Executive until June 2001 when he was appointed Executive Chairman.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

So is HIT! Entertainment still Henson ?

What does HIT! Stand for now ?

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Warrick,

No, HIT no longer has anything to do with Henson, other than they might be interested in buying JHC. I'm not sure what happened, maybe Pete was just licensed to distribute Henson Stuff internationally when it was part of Henson Associates and so could keep the name, otherwise i guess he just started another company with a similar name. I don't actually think HIT stands for anything now.