Petition for Skeeter in The Muppets... Again!

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
We should create a petition to have Disney finally make Skeeter a Muppet in the new movie! Finally tie Muppet babies in completely! With the return of Luis Gold it would be perfect. Although I always imagined Karen Prell as a good voice!
What do you say? :wink:

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Well, I agree with this petition. I think that it would be wonderful to have Skeeter as a real Muppet.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, considering they've already wrote the thing and are in the process of filming it, it doesn't seem veyr likely.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who is Luis Gold? I thought his last name was Rodriguez?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love the Muppet Babies as much as the next kid who grew up in the 80's but I don't think that this movie would be the right place to bring Skeeter into the mix. There will be a time to come that she may fit but not right now.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
You do realize that "Muppet Babies" was all in Miss Piggy's imagination and they never grew up that way, so Skeeter is just imaginary.
Wha.... so the entire show was a LIE? :wink: I had never thought of it that way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I mean, considering they've already wrote the thing and are in the process of filming it, it doesn't seem veyr likely.
The movie is written and filming now. That ship has sailed.
Let's wait till the next movie, bro.
Everyone beat me to it...

I don't see them retconning Skeeter this movie, next movie or any movie in the future. She's a one off character created to add a female character to a mostly male line up, and she was specifically created over using existing Janice because it was, in fact, required by law to add an athletic character to a child cast of an 80's cartoon series. They never intended to mix the character in with the pre-existing ones outside of that.

Roger and Amy were able to use her in the comics, only under specific circumstances that it's canonically ambiguous if it's happening or not (which I don't see why she's any less valid than Ninja Rogers or Clint Wacky as a comics specific character). They made her the strong female character that, let's face it, we wouldn't have got if she was retconned in the past. We'd get basically girl Scooter, not the amazingly fleshed out and well designed character from the comics. It would be great to see her in a Muppet project, but that's about as likely as Nintendo giving the time of day to any of the cartoon shows based on Super Mario.