Petition for Skeeter in The Muppets... Again!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Muppets have LONG had a female problem. Meaning lack of gender diversity. Miss Piggy alone shouldn't be the end all be all standard bearer. The Muppets are what, 95% male? I mean Sesame Street has way less main chracters and is heavily female. Skeeter would be PERFECT.
You know as well as I do, if they added Skeeter, she'd be performed by a man anyway. She was in the cartoon.

But why does Skeeter have to reflect or pay tribute to Muppet Babies? Why can't she just be her own thing? It'd be a high school/college aged version. I mean heck, there's a few things from Muppet babies that crossed over into live action Muppet productions and noone took issue with it.
I dunno. Why didn't Booster, Mira Nova, and X-R have a cameo in TS3? How come the Men in Black didn't fight Alpha in the second film? How is it that the Ghostbusters were broken up in GB2 when they were going all over the world fighting ghosts in a cartoon that was still on the air when the second film premiered? Retcons only happen if the creators are that much in tune with the fanbase or more likely if they even like said character.

If they added Skeeter to any Muppet media, I doubt we'd get the fresh take Roger and Amy got us. We'd get a lame girl Scooter. And she'd be shoehorned, not added. The last movie had way too many characters than they could do with. This current film would do wise to scale back, if not, the third one.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*sniffles* I want Roger and Amy's Skeeter, even if it's just a quickie scene where she's benchpressing and watching the Muppets' adventure on TV or something in a gym. No explanation, have other random Muppets in there, just a scene ...

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've long felt the Muppets need a teenage Skeeter. Who the heck cares if Muppet Babies is canonical. Also that Puppt is gorgeous! Wow...Who made that?
If you mean this puppet, I made her.

I like Skeeter, and I think she could be an asset to the group if handled the way Langridge and Mebberson portrayed her. But not everyone feels that way. Ah well. I plan to being her to Dragon*Con and see how people react to her.

beaker

Reaction score
If you mean this puppet, I made her.

I like Skeeter, and I think she could be an asset to the group if handled the way Langridge and Mebberson portrayed her. But not everyone feels that way. Ah well. I plan to being her to Dragon*Con and see how people react to her.
My goodness that's amazing! And your whatnot Fraggle as well! Amazing seeing your work.

I honestly think people don't know what they're talking about when they see it'd be a bad decision to have Skeeter in the new film or show. As if the unbearably bad cameos on Disney channel live action tween shows aren't bad. Skeeter doesnt have to have anything to do with Muppet Babies. Heck, MTM and MFC both reference Muppet Babies so people can stop pretending Muppet Babies was this insular project.
The Skeeter portrayed in the comic book is exactly the character who should be injected into future Muppet endeavors, and if not her than perhaps bring back Zondra or create another strong young female character. A Lisa Simpson type perhaps.

I mean it's the elephant in the room I've been saying all these years. Outside of Miss Piggy there hasn't been a viable woman. Janice? Spamela Hamderson? Annie Sue? Mildred? The Muppets have sadly have always had a gender problem, big time. It's always been a boys club. You can almost count the amount of female characters who appeared in more than one episode or production on two hands. And if Disney wants to hope to cater to young girls or tween girls, perhaps its time they think of a young female character. I mean Sesame Street sure has no problem continually debuting amazing and colorful new female characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
*sniffles* I want Roger and Amy's Skeeter, even if it's just a quickie scene where she's benchpressing and watching the Muppets' adventure on TV or something in a gym. No explanation, have other random Muppets in there, just a scene ...
As I've said before, that would be super outrageously awesome, but I don't think any Muppet Writer would gel with that version of Skeeter, and either make her an older Scooter, or a Flanderized version of the cartoon character. Roger and Amy's version of the character is an amazing fluke. We wouldn't have got that version without notn having her retconned into the Muppets. We'd get a weak version we'd be uh... okay with, I guess. If there is a chance we could get that Skeeter introduced in an organic and not Poochie-esque sort of way, I'd love to see it.

On the bright side, if we never get an adult Skeeter, we always have Red Fraggle. And quite honestly, I liked her a lot more than Skeeter's original cartoon form.