Petition for TMS Season 5 to be reaired on Disney

muppetzfan20

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to the forums here. I think that they should re-air season 5 of the Muppet Show on Disney Channel USA like they did for Disney Channel UK. Who agrees?:confused:

Forg

Reaction score
When did they show The Muppet Show in the UK?

Can't believe I missed that!:concern:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to the forums here. I think that they should re-air season 5 of the Muppet Show on Disney Channel USA like they did for Disney Channel UK. Who agrees?:confused:
Why would you just limit it to season 5 considering that TMS isn't being shown at all?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think it should be all five seasons, not just the last one. Just because three seasons are available on DVD doesn't mean that only the unreleased ones should be aired (because then there'd be too many repeats, unless they are weekend airings). Of course, the fifth season is the best one not on DVD.

ohtherain

Reaction score
All of them should be reaired! Any Disney-owned Henson program should be aired on DC. Except Studio DC and a couple of Channel IDs, there is no Muppets on the channel. All they during the day is:
Phineas and Ferb
Suite Life
Suite Life on Deck
Hannah Montana
Wizards of Waverly Place
That's So Raven
Sonny with A Chance
JONAS

That's a very wimpy show list, considering that Playhouse Disney runs from 6-12 weekdays and 6-11 weekends and they have more shows than that. It's a shame that they don't show anything (aside from one rarely-used Channel ID) with Mickey Mouse any more.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All of them should be reaired! Any Disney-owned Henson program should be aired on DC. Except Studio DC and a couple of Channel IDs, there is no Muppets on the channel. All they during the day is:
Phineas and Ferb
Suite Life
Suite Life on Deck
Hannah Montana
Wizards of Waverly Place
That's So Raven
Sonny with A Chance
JONAS

That's a very wimpy show list, considering that Playhouse Disney runs from 6-12 weekdays and 6-11 weekends and they have more shows than that. It's a shame that they don't show anything (aside from one rarely-used Channel ID) with Mickey Mouse any more.
I could go on and on about how bullocks the Disney channel is, catering to one specific, fiercely specific focus group. Let's just say this.... the shows are popular, and I can respect that to some degree. But showing only those 8 shows over and over and over? There's no reason why they have to bulldoze everything else they own and have to keep pushing them. One episode... 2 episodes a day of each, fine.

But I'm not going deeper than that. There are a LOT of great places TMS could be rerun, and we're not getting it. Whether Disney is holding out to get every episode on DVD or not (something they did with Spider-Man and X-Men that really ticked Marvel off... but in reverse, thinking ratings won't be good if DVD's are released.)... I think places like TVLand, ABC Family, even PBS would be great places to put it... Couldn't you just see TMS on PBS Saturday Nights before they show Britcoms?

But there aren't even that many resources for reruns (unless you have odd DTV channels, like I do. I watched part of Jack Benny this morning... no fooling). Seems everyone wants new or original programming, and reruns are delegated to shows that are still on the air or ones that have recently been canceled (no matter how unpopular they are).

Best thing to do is to wait the 2-4 years it could take to release season 5. These stupid music rights headaches are what's keeping us from having the full series by now.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
I will sign anything to bring back the Muppet show season 5 to Disney!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Music Television (MTV) doesn't play music videos. The Cartoon Network is turning into kids reality programming. And the Disney Channel only plays tween kid shows. It's all about advertising dollars and moving merchandise and there's nothing graceful about it. It all just seems terribly rude to me. But then again millions of people will tune in to watch scantily clad folk eat bugs on a deserted island in order to win a million dollars. This is why television is on life support.

Bring on the Muppets! What ever happened to those technology ads they were going to do on DC?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I actually like the Disney Channel tween "crap" :stick_out_tongue: Especially Hannah Montana... Wizards is a great show too. Oh and Phineas and Ferb is fantastic.

But anyway, I would like them to play Muppet stuff too! That'd be awesome! And then I could record the episodes from season 1 with missing musical numbers on my own DVD so I could preserve them in DVD format.

(Oh and for the record, I LOVED the studio DC specials, but I guess only 'cause I love the Disney Channel shows :insatiable: )