1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Phone interview with Elmo

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by antsamthompson9, Apr 18, 2009.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Why in the world would Kevin Clash put up with that stupid stuff?
  3. antsamthompson9

I know!
  4. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

Its funny, yet messed up at the same time. :p
  5. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

What was 'harsh' about it? Kevin handled that like a true professional; go, Kevin!
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I don't see what is so funny about the interviewer's loud, aggressive and rude ranting. It's not comedy - it's lazy and panders to an audience that thinks trying too hard to appear uneducated and being disrespectful is cool. I hope this is not what the future holds for entertainment. Elmo handled it nicely. Kevin Clash never dropped a beat. I think Frank Oz (probably the best Muppet performer of all time) would have bitten back and then hung up on this foolish radio hack. :mad:
  7. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Ok I'm sorry but how on earth did someone who speaks like that get on the radio? I cringe when I hear someone speak like that. It just reeks of stupidity. Whats sad is it is not being done in an ironic way.
  8. dwayne1115

Well i think that Muppets and radio don't mix, and DJ's don't really know how to deal with the Muppets. Witch come to think of it a lot of TV talk show personalitys don't ethier. I can think of only a hand full that do good with the Muppets on there show.
  9. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Hasn't this been hip hop "talk radio" for years now? Seems like typical fare to me...
  10. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

The person (donshay?) who interviewed him sounds sort of ignorant or like a rapper. Who is this Donshay guy anyway? He sounds like the sort of person you want to punch! :mad: :wisdom: Anyway mainly his slang is so annoying. Pappet? Skreet? Where has he been? Koozebane? Its weird. Elmo seemed happy though. (remembering he's a muppet/puppet.):)
  11. antsamthompson9

What was harsh is that, they called Elmo a puppet.
  12. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Well to be truly correct he called Elmo a "Pappet".
  13. antsamthompson9

Yeah, you're right.
  14. dwayne1115

Well when he was recently on the Today show, Elmo said he had no idea what puppets where. On this however he did a great job in saying he is not a pappet or whatever but said he was a monster.
  15. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Yes he did do a great job, anyone think he deserves an honourary Elmo smilie?:)
  16. antsamthompson9

That is ture.
  17. antsamthompson9

He certainly does deserve one.
  18. goldengonzo

goldengonzo Member

Part three is up!
  19. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

I would'nt say I'm one of those elmo-haters but he's just not my fave character, anyway i wish it were possible to make an elmo smiley.:D
  20. antsamthompson9