Photos from London, Hollywood, DC

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Last Sunday topped off what has been a very good Henson year for me so far. I went to the last of three season finale shows at the Hollywood Bowl, which included Kermit and Miss Piggy as special guests. After the show I waited at the artist’s entrance for the Muppeteers to emerge, and was able to meet and talk with Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, and Dave Goelz! (Some of you have already seen my photos from this show, as I posted the link in another thread.)

The other big event happened at the end of July, when I traveled to London to visit a couple of my good friends. As part of that trip, I decided to track down a number of Henson-related locations. And although it caused me to miss both the Labyrinth reunion and the “Late Night Buffet” taping here in Los Angeles, I had a very successful trip. Here is what I was able to see:

- The Creature Shop
- The original Creature Shop
- The Sahlin/Henson/Doozer bench
- Jim Henson’s house
- The Muppet Caper pond
- The Happiness Hotel
- Lady Holiday’s office
- 17 Highbrow Street
- The Dubonnet Club
- The Mallory Gallery
- The park from the Muppet Caper bicycle scene

Unfortunately, because of time constraints and/or distance, I wasn’t able to make it to the following places:

- Elstree Film Studios, Elstree Television Studios, Elstree Props
- The Gordale Scar (the only real-world location from The Dark Crystal)
- The Teddy Bear Museum (current home of the original Fozzie puppet)
- The prison from the Muppet Caper

And earlier this year I got to see the animatronics exhibit in Hollywood (which included Fizzgig and Sir Didymus!), the Henson exhibit at the Smithsonian, and the Henson/Kermit statue at the University of Maryland.

I have captured all of these in photos, and they are posted for viewing at:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=etphoto

I know the statue was unveiled quite some time ago, and photos from a couple of these events have already been shared among some of you here, but hopefully I've still got some good ones worth viewing, especially for those who haven't been able to attend these various exhibits, events, and locations.

Enjoy!

-Murray

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow... just wow. I got chills from seeing those photos. Thank you so much for sharing them, the captions and little additions of the Palisades figs, Kermit plush and "disguise" were very creative and a real treat only a fan would appreciate.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, that really is the Happiness Hotel! Looks a lot better now! lol Thanks for posting!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Great pics!, thanks for sharing those pics Minstrel Murray

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great pics.

Is the street where 17 Highbrow street was filmed actually called Highbrow street??

Also where abouts in London is the Happiness Hotel building, Id love to visit the sights someday.

Thanks

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
Wow, Murray- you certainly did a lot of research on film locations.Great pics.By any chance, do you know where the Muppet boarding house is in North Carolina?

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Whoa!....those pics are the Best I've seen of all the exibits And the locations...So Cool!...Thanks!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Great pictures Murray! I checked 'em out earlier when I was looking at the Hollywood Bowl thread.

You've got a great eye mate, probably 2 great eyes without a doubt!
:smile:

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
...the captions and little additions of the Palisades figs, Kermit plush and "disguise" were very creative and a real treat only a fan would appreciate.
Thanks for the kind words, Vic. It makes the extra work worth it. And thanks to all of you others for the great responses.

muppetperson said:
Wow, Murray- you certainly did a lot of research on film locations.Great pics.By any chance, do you know where the Muppet boarding house is in North Carolina?
It took a long time to find all of the information. I was even starting to worry I wouldn’t get it all in time! I’m sorry to say I do not know where the Muppet boarding house is.

Kermieuk said:
Is the street where 17 Highbrow street was filmed actually called Highbrow street??

Also where abouts in London is the Happiness Hotel building, Id love to visit the sights someday.
Highbrow Street is actually Holland Park. But be careful if you go looking for it - there are three consecutive streets all named Holland Park. And the Happiness Hotel is at the corner of Bishops Bridge Road and Westbourne Terrace in Paddington (W2 6QB). Let me know if you need anything else!

Also, Kermieuk, your avatar reminded me of how jealous I am of you, Warrick, and Punch’n’Judy. I’ve been pretty lucky this year, but I don’t think I’ll ever get my photo taken with Reporter Kermit!

-Murray