Pianogirls First Fanfic

Pianogirl

Reaction score
Here goes nothing guys. Wish me luck.:embarrassed:

Kermit and the Run Away
By: A

Kermit walked down the back alley behind Muppet Theater like he had a thousand times before looking for an ingredient Swedish Chef insisted he fetch for him.
"I can't imagine what he's going to serve with this rusted bicycle wheel he insists on me getting." He thought. Actually Kermit could imagine he just chose not to. "Maybe I'm too much of a pushover" he thought, as he looked between two upturned trashcans. Not finding what he was looking for he turned his attention to a pile of discarded newspapers where he saw a small form huddled. At first he had thought it was one of Gonzo's crash dummies until he remembered that Gonzo was his own crash dummy. The form remained motionless except for gentle breathing that rustled the newspapers ever so gently. Kermit gulped loudly. He didn't know f this was a friend or foe, a strung out junkie, or just a down on his luck guy. He inched closer and was unpleasantly started when Miss Piggy threw the backstage door open and bellowed "Frog, The Chef says he wants his stuff pronto!.." She was cut off from saying anymore by Kermit's frenzied shushing. Miss Piggy quieted down quickly and tip toed over to where Kermit stood. "What are vous looking at?" she inquired.
"There something or someone under those newspapers" Kermit replied motioning to where the form slept. Miss Piggy's mouth formed a perfect "O" as she saw what her beloved had pointed out.
"Well Kermie, what do we do? I mean do you want me to call the police?" Piggy asked, looking nervous.
"No, Piggy, Maybe they don't mean any harm and they just need a place to sleep. It looks pretty small anyways." Kermit said, craning to see what had hidden itself so expertly from the still chilly air.
"Just because it is small does NOT mean it can't cause BIG problems Frog!" Miss Piggy insisted her voice growing loud with emotion.
Her antics had caught the attention of Rizzo who had been watching Buelregard bumble about the studio.
"Hey!" He shouted only to be shushed violently by both Piggy and Kermit.
"What? It's not like there's anyone SLEEPING out 'ere is there?" Kermit and Piggy looked at him dumbstruck as the form began to move. "There was Rizzo." was all Kermit said as he looked to see the emerging figure. "Darn" said Rizzo.
Miss Piggy ran back inside the theater to get back up lest the alley sleeper mean harm to her Kermie. Fozzie raided the prop room and grabbed the swords used in their latest sketch. Gonzo, who had been wrestling Carmilla from Swedish Chef, took his Cleaver as his weapon while Miss Piggy claimed hat she would use her killer karate chop in case the urchin dare hurt her Kermie.
Meanwhile Kermit and Rizzo saw a auburn head of hair surface followed by a pale thin face, and finally the raggedly dressed body of a girl. "Hi" Rizzo squeaked.
At that the crew from within came bursting out of the door some carrying torches, others with swords, and others brandishing everything from cannonballs to maces.
The girl raised her slender hands to cover her face before Kermit yelled "KNOCK IT OFF!!!"
"Yeah" said Rizzo, "That's my future wife"
Piggy rolled her eyes at that comment.
Rowlf, who had never been one for maces, came outside from where he had been cowering to see what had caused the noise to stop.
"I see it's a girl and not the Serial Killer Piggy made it out to be" He said.
"Ain't dat the truth, she had us thinking it was a real Lizzy Borden." Floyde said, causing Miss Piggy to blush out of embarrassment.
"well what if it had been!?" she whined, but everyone's attention was now on the girl who had yet to say anything and was now sinking slowly to her knees.
"She doesn't look to good" Rowlf said walking closer to her and putting his chocolate brown paw on her grimy forehead.
The girl began to see the world slowly go black and the voices of the muppets became distant and indiscernible. She would not wake up for a long time.

cjd874

Reaction score
Hi there! Very intriguing plot you've got here. Wow...the Muppets find a runaway girl and take her in, I assume? Please continue the story! It's great so far.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow! I really want to know who this runaway girl is. Well, I am into the Muppet spirit thanks to your fanfic pianogirl.

Pianogirl

Reaction score
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. I was a bit intimidated since everyone else on the site rights out of the park fanfics. I will have a new installment before to long so stay posted. :smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Whoa... This is.... Whoa.

Suspense in the first part.

More please!

Pianogirl

Reaction score
Here's the next exciting chapter, enjoy!

Kermit and the Runaway
Chapter Two

It had warmed up as spring finally returned to Muppet Studios. Winter coats were stored away, Animal began to shed, and the yard of the Muppets Boarding House was full of muppets enjoying the wonderful weather. Gonzo was flying a large, multi colored kite while Fozzie and Robin played catch.
Rowlf, who could often be found outside in such wonderful weather reading under his favorite tree was suspiciously absent. He had taken the special job of watching over teh runaway who still lay quiet. She had only opened her green eyes once and Rowlf thought even then they were unseeing. Kermit had called the police but no one had been reported missing that matched the girls descripition. They had asked around but no one knew of the thin girl who had fallen into thier lives. A doctor had been called but he had offered no enlightenment on the girls condition and said only time could tell.
During her first night there a great crowd had formed around her but as she continued to lay still, they had thinned out and only Rowlf and Rizzo remained her constant companions. Rowlf read to her, hoping she could hear him, and she could, but her eyes would not open, nor would her pink lips form words. It wasn't until her fourth day that she was able to speak.
Rowlf, who had dozed off in his rocking chair he had dragged into the makeshift room for teh girl formed by sheets hung from the ceiling in his own bedroom. She opened her eyes and was greated by the large bookshelfs that covered Rowlfs walls. A bust of Mozart stood on top of one of them and seemed to look at her sternly. Rizzo was curled up at the end of teh bed she lay in, surrounded by empty cheese curl bags.
She cleared her throat once. Rowlf stirred. "Hello?" she called out. this tiem rowlf awoke completely and met her eyes. "Hello... We were worried about you." Rowlf said gently. Hwe then turned to Rizzo and shook him. "She's up,"
Rizzo's eyes grew wide. "We didn't expect you to wake up, I mean I did, but hiya, I'm rizzo." Rizzo rambled tryign desperately to get the cheese dust off of his otherwise white hockey jersey.
"Hi, I'm not sure where I am." The girl spoke
'That's good, I don't know WHO you are." said Rizzo.
"Slip." was all the girl replied with.
'Listen I've been given fake names, adresses, and a ton of phone numbers, but at least those sounded real. What's you real name?" Rizzo insisted.
"I am called Slip, what came before doesn't matter." She said in her sof voice.
Rowlf shrugged. "alright Slip, you're at Muppet's Boarding House, I'm Rowlf, this is Rizzo. We took you in. What happened?"
"It's a very long story." Slip said, almost ashamedly.
"I've got a very long attention span." Rowlf whispered to her.
"I don't." Rizzo said.
Slip smiled wanely. "It's interesting though I give you that."
"Hold on, Let me get the rest of the gang." Rowlf said and turned to leave.
"Wait!" Slip cried. "I am really thirsty."
"I'll get you something" Rizzo said and scurried to the kitchen. Rowl remained behind.

Sorry to cut it so short but I will continue it soon.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Slip... Interesting name... And how she says her previous name was unimportant... Interesting indeed.

More please, can't wait to hear her story!

cjd874

Reaction score
I noticed this is called "Kermit and the Runaway," but most of the attention seems to be on Rowlf and Rizzo. I hope Kermit becomes a bigger role player in this story. But you've got the Muppets' characteristics (Rizzo's sarcasm and Rowlf's tenderness) right spot on! Good job.

fufumuppet

Reaction score
I am glad Rowlf:sympathy: is becoming one of the main characters. A lot of fan fics center around Kermit:smile:.

Pianogirl

Reaction score
Chapter 3

After Slip had drank her fill she began to tell her story to Rowlf, who then called in Kermit to hear it. Both were mortified by the story she told. She spoke of how she had been lost, in more ways than one, and how she fell in with a bad group who left her stranded, beaten, bloodied, bruised, and alone on the streets. She was turned away from foster care, she was already a month away from 18. Homeless shelters were often full in the cooler weather and there was no where for a small stranger to sleep. She slept on park benches until cops pulled her off, assuming she was a drunk lady of the evening. She had no family, her mother was an only child, and her father as well as both of her uncles were in jail. One for murdering her favorite cousin, the other for raping the girl before he did it. She was hungry, cold, and exhausted when she heard the Muppets singing. She had sat down to listen and soon found herself surrounded only by darkness. Kermit scrunched his mouth thoughtfully. "You can stay here. We can always use some help"
"Aw yeah!" said Rizzo who had ben listening in through the door.
"I can't do much." Slip said.
"Well what can you do? Everyone can do something." Kermit said.
"I can read, and write music. I play piano. I can count. I can listen. I can learn. Just teach me something. I want so much to learn just please don't leave me on the streets." Slip broke down. She fell to her knees, sobs racking her body. Her sweet soul had been worn thin from months of hardships. Her family had fallen apart as her uncles did the unthinkable and her mother and father had defended them while Slip had fought against them all the way. She had been kicked out because she had told the police her cousin Rene, had been killed while her parents had conspired to hide her death. She had told no one that, not even to Rowlf and Kermit, who put her at ease.
Rowlf comforted her, cradleing her head as tears fell down her pale cheeks. "Shh" he cooed. Kermit, who had never been touchy feelie patted her on the head gently. Her thin ribcage racked as she breathed heavily. Rizzo walked in quietly and looked at her. "Poor kid" he mumbled. He walked over to where she was and offered her a peppermint. She shook her head, her auburn hair whipped Rizzo over. She laughed gently, a sad, sorrowful laugh that broke Rowlf's heart. Time passed. Dinner was served. Rizzo grew bored and left to play checkers with Animal who was the only person who threw the board as much as he did when he lost. Kermit brought in some paperwork to do quietly in the corner.
Slips crying mellowed until she had only red eyes and a deep sorrow to remind her of ever having cried. Kermit was slumped over in his chair snoring. Rowlf had fallen asleep on her shoulder as he held her and when she woke up he greeted her. "Better?" he asked. "Yes."
"Hungry?"
"Yes."
"Well let's fix you something up. I doubt you can stomach what the Chef cooked up this evening" Rowlf said as he lead her to the kitchen. He left Kermit where he lay knowing he was worried about this new mouth to feed. Kermit was generous to a fault. He gave jobs to people who could find jobs no where else. He gave homes to those who had fallen asleep in alley ways.
Slip walked beside Rowlf and looked at her surroundings. There were rips in the wallpaper, pictures hung askew, and there were large splatters of paint from Gonzo's latest attempt at what he called "Ballistic Painting". The living room was full of animals of all sorts gathered around the recording of their rehearsal that played on the TV screen. They payed the two no mind when they walked behind them. Kermit had told them that she needed space, and thank god her had. The others were dying to meet her, especially Robin who asked Kermit all sorts of questions he had no answers to.
Once in the kitchen Rowlf fixed her something to eat which she gratefully accepted. "Do you like music?" Rowlf asked.
Slip nodded excitedly her mouth too full to answer. "What kind?" Rowlf inquired, hoping she didn't say rap or scream-o. She didn't. Instead she answered with what he had least expected to her. "I like folk music and easy listening." She said. "No way! Me too!" Rowlf replied. He was excited. He felt a connection with this girl that was confirmed by her love of easy listening and the sudden realization that she had said one thing she could do was play piano.