1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Pioneers of Television" to spotlight Jim Henson 2/8

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by minor muppetz, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this thread hasn't already been opened, but on febuary 2, the PBS series "Pioneers of Television" will have a segment devoted to Jim Henson, in an episode about children's television. The episode will also be available as a single-disc DVD and part of a complete season 2 set.

The Muppet Wiki page already has images of the DVD covers, which depict Jim Henson with a Snerf. It's said that it will focus on his early television work, up to Sesame Street. But why do I get the feeling that it won't include any clips with Kermit or Rowlf? After all, the cover shows Jim with an obscure character as opposed to them or even Ernie (I think it's pretty much confirmed that Sesame Street will be represented). Though I would expect Disney to own the rights to the Snerfs (unless Disney doesn't really care when it comes to characters that obscure). Or maybe it's just a case of them not being able to include Kermit, Rowlf, or Ernie on the cover (which would make sense to me a few years ago, but now considering recent Henson/Sesame DVD covers including characters owned by other companies I am a bit surprised).

EDIT: I was just looking at the DVD covers, and I didn't notice before that the season two cover features Rowlf with Jim. I thought the images of Jim Henson were the same on both covers. So I guess that means that the Disney-owned characters will appear in clips in that episode.
  2. zns

zns Active Member

Set your DVR's folks. I will definitely want to see this for myself.
  3. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

I saw it mentioned on ToughPigs and The Muppet Mindset. I'll have to remember to watch it.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely check it out!
  5. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I'd watch it, but it airs on a Wednesday night, which is when I have improv and work. :boo:
  6. BIGMuppetFan

BIGMuppetFan Member

I am excited for this!
    The 1st season of pioneers of Television was great so I can only expect the same for this 2nd season I really hope they give Jim the proper Respect deserves and get the information right!
  7. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I Can't wait to see it!
  8. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Not too long now...
    It looks like the description I saw says it'll have more than just Jim in the episode, but I hope I'm wrong...
    I'd like Jim only, of course!
  9. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Sounds cool- thanks for the heads up.:)
  10. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

I believe the episode is on children's television in general. Sesame Street and Jim Henson will be a part of it.
  11. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.