Play With Me Sesame DVD's in October

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I read at Muppet Wiki that there will be two Play with Me Sesame DVDs released in october. These will be the first Play with Me Sesame DVDs released in the united states, and they will come with bonus CD-roms.

I forget the titles, but one has Grover's name in the title (I think it's Play Along with Grover, but I could be wrong) and the other will involve sleeping.

I wonder if these will be entire half-hour episodes (they're going to be approximately 110 minutes long, so that would make at least three episodes each), or scenes from the epsiodes edited together (I've heard that most of the scenes created for the show were repeated in many different episodes). I hope that these DVDs have classic clips from Sesame Street as well.

I am so excited.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just searched again, and the titles of the DVDs are Playtime with Grover and Goodnight Sesame.

I have a feeling that the bonus CD-roms won't have any classic Sesame Street footage, but here is what I'm hoping is included on the DVDs:

Playtime with Grover
  • My Furry Little Shadow
  • One of These Things (undecided as to which one)
  • Name That Sound
  • Beat the Time (either the one with Grover or the one with Homer Honker)
  • Bert's "What Happens Next?" Game
  • Sesame Street News: inventing new games
  • Somebody Come and Play (original version)
  • I Wish I Had a Friend to Play with Me
  • The Count counts Snuffy's jumps on a trampoline
  • Kermit and Gladys switch places
  • Little Bird's imagination game
  • Kermit's imagination game
  • The Foods We Eat
  • Name That Food
  • Kermit's mystery box
  • The Eating Game

Goodnight Sesame
  • Ernie observes a blackout
  • a boy thinks his dogs shadow is an alligators shadow
  • Bert imagines himself as a figure skater
  • The Count's sheep go on strike
  • Ernie waits for the man upstairs to drop his shoes
  • Bert tells Ernie not to eat cookies in bed
  • Bert's Blanket
  • Cookie Monster sleeps over at Ernie's apartment
  • Sesame Street News: The Princess and the Cookie

I will be dissapointed if I hear dissapointing things about these releases.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Cool. Seems like Big Bird will be featured in "Goodnight Sesame."

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These should be nice DVD's due to their extended length and all the great classic clips that are shown on Play With Me Sesame. Hopefully there will be more than two releases.

Here are the Amazon links to pre-order: Playtime with Grover DVD and Goodnight Sesame DVD. As usual it's a great way to get the best price on these discs with free shipping and support Muppet Central at the same time by using the above links to order.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For those who have seen the international releases (and actual episodes), are the other releases actual episodes of thow show (maybe one or two or more per release), or are theyh basically compilations of segments from Play with me Sesame and Sesame Street (I think I've heard that these DVD releases had classic SS segments)?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I Can't wait to see this show! I'm hoping it comes on tomorrow!:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
These DVDs will be comming out before Old School: Vol. 2, so hopefully these will tide us over (sure, it'd only be tiding us over for two or three weeks, but still tide us over). I hope that these DVDs will have some sketches from the first five seasosn that weren't included on Old School: Vol. 1, as well as late-1970s sketches thta won't be on volume 2, and plenty of 1980s sketches. Have any episodes of Play with me Sesame ever included anything from the 1990s or later?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that I've thought about. The sketch where Bert imagined himself as a figure skater in order to get to sleep would be a good sketch to include on the Goodnight Sesame DVD, but it is in one of the episodes that will be included in Old School Volume 2. On one hand, it might be disapointing having a sketch released twice on DVD in such a short period of time, but on the other hand, if it is included, then that should reassure us that it won't be cut (I don't know if there would be any problems including any of the sketches where full-bodied versions of the characters ice skate).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinkign about ideas for other Play with me Sesame DVD releases. How do these sound?

Good Morning Sesame
  • Ernie thinks Bert was captured by martians
  • Captain Breakfast
  • Breakfast Time

Opposites
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Upstairs, Downstairs
  • Up and Down Opera
  • Near and Far with Alice Braitwaite Goodyshoes
  • Near and Far with Grover
  • Kermit and Grover: Heavy and Light
  • Grover the elevador operador: In and Out
  • Kermit and Grover: Quiet and Loud