Please help me fix this

propologist

Reaction score
Hi,
I think they look a little bulgy from the front of the eye to back were it is attached . Other than that I think it looks great.

Mike

charlie bird

Reaction score
So I don't know exactly what I don't like about the face - eye placement, nose, something. Are the eyes too big? Too "Asian"?

I think it's the eyes/pupils but not sure how to fix it.

http://puppets.dougblemker.com/images/Puppet_BE_face.JPG

Help!

Thanks,
Doug
I think This puppet is awsome!I do think if you want to change anything it would be the eyes .The Eyes are always the most important part!You may not want to change the eyes completealy ,but maybe the placement .I would sujest trying different eye shape to figure out what you like best

King Rupert

Reaction score
I like the original eyes better, I would try to change the placement of the pupils.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think that eye focus and placement are your real issues. I like the original eyes better too.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I would put it on your hand and look into a mirror. There's something about having artwork reveresed (puppets included) that makes things that are out of symmetry really apparent.

I would also see if I could take a picture with the upper mouthplate more parallel to the floor -- that way, you can see if the eyes are looking too far up or too far down.

Hope this helps!

charlie bird

Reaction score
So I don't know exactly what I don't like about the face - eye placement, nose, something. Are the eyes too big? Too "Asian"?

I think it's the eyes/pupils but not sure how to fix it.

http://puppets.dougblemker.com/images/Puppet_BE_face.JPG

Help!

Thanks,
Doug
I would put it on your hand and look into a mirror. There's something about having artwork reveresed (puppets included) that makes things that are out of symmetry really apparent.

I would also see if I could take a picture with the upper mouthplate more parallel to the floor -- that way, you can see if the eyes are looking too far up or too far down.

Hope this helps!
I agree!I've done this before and have often been sad that my puppet is not the way I see it,lopsided,Wich is areal problem considering I use no patterns.I like the first ones better too I think it's about the placement of the pupils not sure:confused:

Melonpool

Reaction score
I just used photoshop to flip the images. I see in both that the right eye (that is, the eye that is on the right side of the screen) is higher than the other. That might be some of your problem.

And never be afraid of patterning. It took me a long time to figure out that there's nothing wrong with revising and rebuilding puppets.