Please... Pray for her

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That a nice poem, Katie. And that was a really nice tribute, too.:smile:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I cant believe its been a full month already... seems like only yesterday, I can remember it so clearly... Have you ever had something like this happen, and even though its happening live and you don't know whats going on, time slows down?

Like, when she died, I was not at the hospice. I made a quick stop at the store to get her a flower, like I had promised my fiancee I would do (at this time neither of us knew she was as bad as she was, or that she was in a coma) anyway, I walked to the back of King Soopers (grocery store here) in the flower department, opened up the refrigerator where the flowers were. Now it took me a good 5 min to pick out a flower, there was so many colors. I kept debating on what one would be perfect, to make her smile. Either the light purple one, or a white one. All of a sudden, I could hear her in my head as I picked up the purple one. I could hear her gasp with delight "ohhh, how beautiful! look at that! I love the color" I could see her smile. So I picked that one, bought it and was on my way to the hospice. little did I know as I was picking it out, she passed away. But it seemed that picking out that flower took forever, as if time slowed down. As I got on the road, Dans Dad called me and told me she had just passed away a few min ago. Dan at this time did not know this, he was driving on the high way. That was the hardest drive ever, I got to the hospice and my Dan called me, screaming and crying at me, it was so heart breaking. I told him to pull off the road so he would not get in an accident. He did, calmed down, and finished his drive up. :cry: When I got there, I was greeted with hugs and tears. Dans Dad took my flower, put it in her left hand. Later she was cremated with it. I didn't know that the flower would be so important, that it would be with her forever. Sounds weird, I don't know why I obsess about this rose, but I do.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I can understand why. I hope things have been going well for you and your family. God Bless You.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It must have been very hard and heart-breaking my friend. But I believe that it was ultimately God's will for you to buy that pretty flower to put it into her hand and cremate with her. It sounds so beautiful despite the sorrow and tears involved and I think she would have been very grateful that you made the nice gesture of saying good-bye with a flower.
The Lord be with you and Dan and all the rest of the family left behind.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's such a beautiful story, Katie. It was truly meant to be for that to have heppend.:smile: