Poetry.com is a SCAM

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
...I can't log in! Oh crap crap crap!!

I guess it's lost then. This was the poem, if you guys still couldn't axcess it.

Immortal Time

For Richard Hunt.

Time's wasting, do you not hear it?
It's dying as we speak.
Though we do not take the time to heed it,
it still is there for all to see.
I think we do not notice, as we walk and speed around,
because time will always be there, and we will always be sound.

Time's wasting, do you not see it?
We walk away, not paying attention,
living our lives in carefree abandon.
They say time stops for no one.
But shouldn't we stop...for it?

Sara Elisabeth Vines

[SIZE=-1]
Copyright ©2006 Sara Elisabeth Vines [/SIZE]

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I didnt notice Richard Hunt's name before, i now understand the meaning a little better. It kind of speaks to those who know him and worked with him as well as the fans, or anybody who has lost someone that they love or someone who was close to and/or dear to them, and just how precious the gift of time and life really is.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thanks a whole lot guys. I'm very lucky that I'm a lazy person. Or I would most likely be out of over $100 if not more over this fraudlant website. I just wish that I didn't even enter it.

You know how I found out this place? I have a tendency to check out those "Free Laptops!" just to see what the poor shlubs have to do to get one. Usually it's join two or three offers and we'll send you one. And in the end it becomes cheaper just to go buy one. I don't participate in those things, but I like to see the offers.

For some reason.

One of them caught my eye! Poetry.com "Enter your poem and you could win $1,000!" Hey! It's free! I'll give it a spin. Took me about 30 mins to write that poem. I had Richard Hunt in my mind, because I'd been looking at all those dedication websites and stuff eariler that day. So, I entered it in.

Then we started getting those letters. It was nice. I'd...I'd never gotten any recogination for anything I'd done before. *dry chuckle* So, this was a nice feeling. Someone apperciated what I've done for once.

*looks down* I feel like my heart's been ripped out and stomped upon guys. I just felt I'd pass this information along so no one else would have this happen to them. Please...please. Before you enter anything on the computer, double...no triple check it as best as you can.

It may look like Lew Zealand...but it's just a pile of stinky boomerang fish.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh, my gosh! **hugs Sara** Don't feel awful. Everyone gets taken advantage of like this sometimes. It never feels good to know that someone else just views you as a source of cash. But try not to dwell and feel bad about it. Think about it: the people that actually matter to you, people on MC, read your poem even just now and we loved it! So try not to feel too bad. We are real and NOT scammers, and we know that you have so much heart and talent, and that you are worth alot more that what price tag they've tried to put on you.

Katzi428

Reaction score
((((Sara))))awww...I'm sorry.
Those people at that site don't know what good is!:mad:
I personally thought your poem was great!Don't let what happened get you down,OK?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
And you're a real friend too, by waring us about the dangers that are out there on the internet. A beautiful poem like that deserves better treatment than that.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thank God you still had a copy of the poem Sara and also that it is copyrighted to you so that nobody can try anything dishonest with trying to publish it.

Tonichelle

Reaction score
just to let you know the same people run Photos.com and they do the exact same scam... I was a teenager when I sent my photo in and they wanted to put it in a book entitled windmills... which was a huge sign to me that they weren't trustworthy. It sucked though, because I got my hopes up

sorry you've had similar things happen to you! :frown:

Reaction score
Seriously no offence, but that's what happens to us procrastinators ;]

It's hard to be a writer these days. Try and convince your local paper to post a poem or two.