Poision Ivy

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What happened in the song Poision Ivy, sung by Dr. Teeth in the Tony Randall episode? Am I right in assuming that this song only had Dr. Teeth, and not the rest of the Electric Mayhem? Were there appearances by any other characters?

P

Philip Kippel

Dr. Teeth was alone in that number. No other Muppets appeared in it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What was the setting like? I keep picturing a jungle-like setting, filled with poision Ivy plants. I also picture a setting like the one from the song Money.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
He just had a piano and the red curtains in the background, nothing fancy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
He just had a piano and the red curtains in the background, nothing fancy.
That's unusual. Were there any other numbers where a musician played the piano in front of the usual red curtain?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I don't recall the sketch but listening to it on MC radio, there had to have been more to it because you hear the audience laughing or something else going on.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I don't recall the sketch but listening to it on MC radio, there had to have been more to it because you hear the audience laughing or something else going on.
Were the lyrics really funny? Maybe Dr. Teeth did something funny while playing the piano.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I don't know. I've also heard the original recording by the Coasters I think. but it's been a while since i've heard it.

David French

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth plays onstage in front of the curtain. As he gets to the chorus, some Poison Ivy comes creeping out of the piano and starts "strangling" Dr. Teeth, causing him to slump to the floor.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
David French said:
Dr. Teeth plays onstage in front of the curtain. As he gets to the chorus, some Poison Ivy comes creeping out of the piano and starts "strangling" Dr. Teeth, causing him to slump to the floor.
oh my some one needs to upload a clip of this on youtube.com :big_grin: is my favorite muppet~!