Polls

beforemyway

Reaction score
I was wondering why you don't have the poll feature on this site :smile: I have seen many threads where a poll would be most helpful. Where they just too complex for the site? or some other reason?

King Jim

Reaction score
I think you have to ask Phillip. I think only he is in charge of the polls.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
beforemyway,

Any moderator can start a poll. And a poll can be added to any thread even if there are already multiple posts in it. If you'd like a poll added to any discussion, just send me a PM any time and I would be happy to add it for you (or any other member).

beforemyway

Reaction score
aaah, alright :smile: that's cool. may I ask why you do it that way? safty percaution or something? Just curious cause it seams like it makes more work for the moderators.

I find it facinating why different sites chose to do the things they do :cool:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In my opinion, if everyone could create polls, they would be in large number on the board. Also it's possible that some of them could contain incorrect or incomplete information. Multiple polls on the same subjects might be posted. Stuff like that.

If a large number of members wanted to create polls, I would reconsider. But it hasn't been a feature many members have requested.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I agree with MC's system, I've been in many forums where almost every post has a poll attached; people create polls for no reason other than having a poll; or the polls are not fair, accurate, or complete. They usally become a forum clutterer and distraction; rarely are they really needed and if they are (which there are many cases that they are) a moderator can add one for you; just don't be afraid to ask them if you want one.

beforemyway

Reaction score
aaah, that makes sense :smile: I've only been a member of 2 other forums.. and from what i know they are very unique, so they don't have those problems :smile:

thanks for explaining yourself to this newbie :smile: it's appreciated.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I agree Phillip that polls would get overused.