Posing Your Kermit Replica

Telly

Reaction score
I guess I just tried to imagine my hand inside of him when posing him. I also tried to take into consideration about his hands and where they're usually placed when he's on camera.

Beauregard

Reaction score
One point worth mentioning, fingers! Kermit's fingers are never straight in his official photos, they are slighty bent in and splayed. I try to always concider his finger positions when taking Kermit pics.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Excellent point Beau. :excited:

Telly, your old links were outdated, do you have any new links to share? Thanks!
:smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I thought I linked this earlier, but I guess I didn't! It's Kermit's trip to Leland, Misssissippi, as hosted by our own Kevin Williams!

Fozzie Bear: Slideshow 2

Telly

Reaction score
I don't even remember what pictures I had of him were. Anyway, here's two that I have on my imagecave.com

Kermit holding a clipboard from Universal Studios
http://usera.imagecave.com/ChrisTheReject/DSCN1078.JPG

Kermit and Erick (my roommate)
http://usera.imagecave.com/ChrisTheReject/ErickKermit.jpg

I've gotten compliments about how cool the picture is, but here's the backstory about Kermit riding along with my roommate. We had put our two month notice in WAY to eary and never looked for a place to live. Plus we waited until the last minute to move out of our townhouse and into my friends' garage. Well we were still moving stuff at like 5am and we had to be out of the townhouse by noon. Kermit was the last thing I wanted to move cuz he was going to be in the room that my friends were letting me stay in until I found a place to live. I was just going to hold him while sitting in the passenger seat. I realized I didn't lock the door so I put Kermit in the seat while my roommate waited in the car. I looked back and was like "Holy cows! That's sweet! It looks like you two are driving somewhere and he's talking to you!" So I took a picture.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Here's what I posted in another thread:

Now, a few things about posing Kermit that I discovered as I went along with him:

First, the head has to be pulled all the way up on the body of the poser, then jutted forward some to give him a lean-forward, being puppeteered look.

Illustration: http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL742/3120815/6345768/298259842.jpg

The Kermit smile is by keeping the top and bottom palettes of the mouth straight, but the back part of the top pallette must be pinched up ever so slightly. The top pallatte must be kept straight so you can't see it in a straight-on photo, and the bottom pallette is open, but not all the way as wide that it touches the body.

The body poses have to look as if they are being positioned by putting a hand and arm in the poser and arm rods are posing the arms and legs.

The fingers have to keep a straight view and can't suddenly look like the frog has been stricken with arthritis. And the collar has to be posed straight down and against the body.

Another small detail is that the hands, when waving, have to be facing palm-out (so the thumbs point toward the body), and when he's sitting down, unless the bottoms of his feet are touching something, point his feet downard.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the real Kermits actual collar is made from and where I could get some? I'm gonna make my Kermit a new one because the current one bugs the heck out of me. The shape isn't right and the fabric feels cheap and doesn't sit right. Can any help? I also want to move his eyes slightly further apart as they look too close and make his pupils smaller more like the Kermit of yester-year. Has anyone successfully removed his eyes? Man, I'm torturing the little green fella, tis like Saw V!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
What I basically do is just pose him till he looks right. It doesn't take much to just look at photo's and study his posture. Like I said before, think like a Muppet and you kinda get the idea. Watch a lot of Muppet Movies and look for the little green guy on the net. I did the same for Animal and I will do the same for all of them. Just staring at him and his buddies is in awe for me. I am really happy with them! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Frogboy Tips

I like to think of an emotion. Something simple. And have the character represent it. It doesn't always come across as intended, but it does make for a good picture.

Also, don't forget all of Kermit's froggy parts. From hands to fingers, elbows to knees, feet and leg positioning, it's all important. I try to give Kermit as much appearance of weight as possible. It's important that he not only stands, but seems to distribute his weight in a particular way.

Also, whether it is fluffed out or matted down remember to fuss with the collar last. It's easy for that material to get all twisted and unnaturally ugly looking for a still photograph.

One of the things I also do is twist the eyes in on each other to cross them slightly. This helps create an eye focus that some photos appear to be lacking. Some of that is due to the proximity of the camera to the subject.

Telly

Reaction score
I figured this was as good of thread as any to post this...

I'm having my birthday part at a karaoke bar. I decided to make a Facebook event out of it. I thought "HEY! Why not take pictures of Kermit and put one on the display picture!" So I popped in The Muppet Movie and turned on the subtitles. Then I grabbed a microphone from my roommate's Karaoke Revolution PS2 games and put it in Kermit's hand. I tried to make it look like he was singing from a karaoke machine. Here are the results...

pic 1 pic 2 pic 3 pic 4 pic 5 (the one I chose) pic 6 pic 7 pic 8 pic 9 pic 10 pic 11