Possible Muppet Family Relations?

peyjenk

Reaction score
It still brings up the Bird and Human relation... It's not really logical...
Uuum... would you say that singing chickens, a boomerang fish thrower, a green furry guy who lives in a trash can, a pig in love with a frog, a six-foot canary with the mentality of a six-year old, a bear who wears a polka-dot tie and tells jokes, and a blue daredevil with a hooked nose are logical? :zany:

muppetmonster

Reaction score
No, none of those actually seem logical, but I have a question. Is the six foot canary with the mentality of a child you are referring to, Big Bird? This might seem obvious, but the reason I am asking, is because I always thought Big Bird was an ostrich, but of course, I could be wrong. I am just wondering.

About the human and bird relation, it is illogical, and it brings up a very disturbing assumption that I am not going to post here, but consider these two things. A pig and frog love with each other, maybe someday bearing a child, that seems more disturbing to me than the walrus and hippopotamus from "Meet the Feebles" loving each other, maybe someday having a child, I am sorry I forgot their names. A frog and bear are brothers; this is a joke in "the Great Muppet Caper", but still it is kind of disturbing.

I guess the idea of Bert and Sam the Eagle being related is more about my annoying pestering about trying to find a muppet who is as physically, emotionally, and mentally similar to Bert, as Lew Zealand is to Ernie, than my logical reasoning. However, these are just the muppets, so I guess anything is possible.

Muppetmonster

RedPiggy

Reaction score
muppetmonster said:
About the human and bird relation, it is illogical, and it brings up a very disturbing assumption that I am not going to post here, but consider these two things. A pig and frog love with each other, maybe someday bearing a child, that seems more disturbing to me than the walrus and hippopotamus from "Meet the Feebles" loving each other, maybe someday having a child, I am sorry I forgot their names. A frog and bear are brothers; this is a joke in "the Great Muppet Caper", but still it is kind of disturbing.

Muppetmonster
You don't have to worry ... Kermit's said over and over that he's not into pork. LOL. True, Piggy tricked him into getting hitched ... but I suspect Kermit got Pepe to nullify the "marriage" on the basis that marriage is defined as between a man and a woman ... not non-humans of any sort. I mean, from that Christmas special we see that Pepe has all sorts of connections in the permit department, okay?

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Who are all these creative people posting very interesting subjects as of late? I'm almost tempted to say Segel is on this site? I applaude you psychochimp:

Muppy & Sprocket! Totally.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, Piggy and Kermit broke all conventions of what is right and proper, and got (and stayed) married. :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I definitely see the resemblance with Ernie and Lew Zealand. I think they could be distant cousins, but I think Ernie also looks like Scooter. Scooter also looks like Red Fraggle and Gobo Fraggle.

Muppetmonster
I agree; I definitely see a bit of a resemblance between Gobo and Scooter. And I see where the hair would suggest a connection between Scooter and Red. :wink: :smirk: :excited:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Guy Smilie and Johnny Fiama. Two tall, Yellow men, with moveable eyebrows, and claim to be stars? Somehow related?

It's funny you said that. I thought the same thing too when I first saw Muppets Tonight. For a while I referred to Johnny as "Green Smiley"