Post approvals

quanah

Reaction score
I've been attempting to get some feedback on how long it takes to get your post approved for viewing. I made some posts several days ago and they still have not been approved. I went over the policies, and I haven't violated any of the posting rules.

What is the timeframe for new posts to be reviewed, approved, and posted?

Thanks in advance.

Q

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The time varies but we try to get to them as soon as possible. This is only an issue for your first few posts. This is done to prevent Spam and member abuse on the boards.

kellie

Reaction score
I was just about to ask someone about this but I found it here and it has answered my question - thanks.

MuppetGirl85

Reaction score
I had this problem as well, and I managed to post in another thread with my post showing up at first. However, when I checked again, the post was gone. So far as I know, I didn't make it spammy, and I don't believe myself to be in violation of the forum rules; however, I'll go over them again, just to make sure. I know about spam and I don't like it, as I'm an admin at a role-playing board, and spam is a big no-no over there. I'm sure it's just as big a no-no here, but I don't want anyone to think that I'm causing trouble. >>;

AngryEwok

Reaction score
I just tried posting in twice in the same thread because I didn't know that posts needed to be approved initially - I figured my dialup was just being goofy... could you guys just allow the second one, as it was somewhat amended from the first?

How long before a member is trusted enough to post freely?

TK1994

Reaction score
Hey Brad, Josh here (JoshEEE). I couldn't get my regular username here on Muppets Central because it says it was taken when I tried to register. I think that's because I registered long ago and have forgotten my login.

Anyway..I'm having the same issue with post approvals, the replies look like they're going up when I post them, but then disappear right afterwards.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Any new member's posts will go through, but need to be approved by a moderator. This will keep happening until a new member has had a total of five (5) posts approved, and is a measure MC has (in my opinion) wisely adopted to try and separate all members from the obvious spammers lurking out there online.
Hope you can understand and have a good day.

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Brad, Josh here (JoshEEE). I couldn't get my regular username here on Muppets Central because it says it was taken when I tried to register. I think that's because I registered long ago and have forgotten my login.
Contact Phillip about that. If the original username was yours then likely he can reset it for you.

TK1994

Reaction score
Contact Phillip about that. If the original username was yours then likely he can reset it for you.
Will do. Thanks for the tip on the post approvals by the way, it appears my "grace period" is already finished, which is nice. :smile: