Potentially Opening my own Puppet Theater

spcglider

Reaction score
Its a bit boring, but I'd say your first step might be drafting up a 3-5 year business plan. At least, the bank's gonna want to see one if you go to them for money... even if you've got collateral up the wahzzooo. And be optimistic. They like to think there'll be good returns within the first two or three years, even if that's completely unrealistic. Don't lie, but be optimistic. And have solid reasoning to back it up.

And have yourself an alternate plan in case the bank funding doesn't happen. Small business lending is completely screwball these days. No telling what their reasons may be for refusal. But don't let that stop you. Maybe you proceed at a slower pace than planned, but don't give it up if you don't want to.

-G

crazy chris

Reaction score
so true SPC...

i refuse to borrow money... if ive got to spend the first year in debt...i wont do it... this venture is very minimal to begin with... my stage/audio/puppets/lighting/ etc are all paid for.... my biggest cost at this point believe it or not is folding chairs...lol... and i may rent those the first month til i can buy my own...

the new landlord is so enthused that he's offered me the first month free... and offered to modify the store front any way i see fit... remarkable huh?... he actually owns a flooring store next door and most likely sees the potential of more passersby

ill have about a month and a half to get my liscensing insurance and utilities started... then open up in nov for my free month of business.... my puppeteers are so elated about having our own theatre that theyve offered to volunteer the first month in order to stockpile some rent and utility money and breathe easy

its looking like this may happen...

i will keep you guys informed and send pics as they come!

exciting times! ahhahaa

cc

charlie bird

Reaction score
I'm so exitted to hear theres a chance of a new puppet theater opening up! I wish you the best of luck.How manny shows do you have?
Thank you

crazy chris

Reaction score
I'm so exitted to hear theres a chance of a new puppet theater opening up! I wish you the best of luck.How manny shows do you have?
Thank you
preciate the kind words charlie!

we have 2 variations of the same show at this point...and ive been writing a brand new concept...

the great thing is i have this motley crew called the CREEK CRITTERS... so it will be easy to do "THE CREEK CRITTERS PRESENT: LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD" ...just as an example...done with whimsey...modernized...and pop culture reference ridden

i went and checked out the space again today....and it looks like i might be moving in oct 15th.... cant wait!

cc

crazy chris

Reaction score
i stopped by the property today...unnanounced and found the landlord giving a tour to another potential renter....he was wanting to open a skate shop...

so i walked out the door....went to the bank....and now i stand here with a set of keys in my hand...LOL.... i guess i own a puppet theater now guys...

cc

Melonpool

Reaction score
WOW! Why couldn't I have talked to you yesterday about funding my movie? :wink:

charlie bird

Reaction score
i stopped by the property today...unnanounced and found the landlord giving a tour to another potential renter....he was wanting to open a skate shop...

so i walked out the door....went to the bank....and now i stand here with a set of keys in my hand...LOL.... i guess i own a puppet theater now guys...

cc
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm so exited to hear you're progress
If you have any questions aboute how to make anything please ask! I'm so exited to hear aboughte this!