Prairie Dawn

muppet baby

Reaction score
i think that she is so cute i watched here to today on seseme street .
when here friend was taking a picture of here .

How long has she been on sesme street ?
i had seen here before think when i watched in the past but i don't know what ear that is looooooo sorry but i would love to know the year that she started thanks .

BEAR

Reaction score
Prairie Dawn has been on Sesame Street since the early 70s. Hope this helps.

Katzi428

Reaction score
i think that she is so cute i watched here to today on seseme street .
when here friend was taking a picture of here .

How long has she been on sesme street ?
i had seen here before think when i watched in the past but i don't know what ear that is looooooo sorry but i would love to know the year that she started thanks .
I think Prairie came on the Street around 1973 or '74.Not sure. I was a fan (still am,otherwise why wouldn't I have her in my avatar pic right?:wink: )

Kathy

BEAR

Reaction score
Though many of us love Prairie Dawn, I think Kathy is her biggest fan on MC. She's the biggest Prairie fan I've ever known actually.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I think Prairie came on the Street around 1973 or '74.Not sure. I was a fan (still am,otherwise why wouldn't I have her in my avatar pic right?:wink: )

Kathy
Thank you Kathy , i thought that was prairie on your picture, avator :wink: , yes i thought that it was the mid 70s when she started i really thought 74 but was not sure .

yes prairie is so cool , love watching her. i really loved here when i was little and watching seseme street , i still love here now he he :smile:

wiley207

Reaction score
Prairie Dawn first appeared in 1970, when Fran Brill joined the cast.

wiley207

Reaction score
It was a great idea to hire her. She sort of made history as the first female Muppeteer that Jim Henson hired (outside of Jane Henson, that is). Having a balance of male and female Muppeteers adds more to that whole womans' rights thing, and it also adds realism to it. And of course, in the second season, they had a "new character explosion" due to Fran Brill and Jerry Nelson joining the show. We got Prairie Dawn, Herbert Birdsfoot, Sherlock Hemlock, Farley, Herry Monster, and several others.

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Another Prairie Dawn Question?

Refresh my memory, folks: why was she called Prairie Dawn? Just curious, because I always thought that was a very pretty name. And what was the name of the other SS Muppet that looked alot like PD? I vaguely remember another SS Muppet who looked alot like Prairie Dawn.

Patricia/cherrypotion27:smirk: