Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Very unexpected and cool. 1988 alone is one of my absolute favorite years(I was 10) so this brings back great memory.

I was way to poor to afford cable in the 80's, let alone HBO...so while I only got to see a few episodes of Fraggle Rock; my huge fandom was kept going by reading the books at WaldenBooks, watching the 1988 series, the merchandise, etc. Later on in the 90's when I finally had cable I was finally able to see what I was missing. But it sucks JHC went with HBO instead of showing Fraggle Rock on regular tv, thus in the process ensuring only affluent kids got to see it instead of a much more wider audience as it was intended for.

But I don't know about others, but I am a massssssively huge Fraggle Rock animated and Muppet Babies fan...and while they are absolutely not canon in the least, I appreciate them for what they are.

Besides, if people forgot...a LOT of the Fraggle Rock merchandise we know of was directly based on the 1988 cartoon rather than the 82-86 series.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series and Save!

"Fraggle Rock: The Complete Animated Series" is on DVD for the first time! This 2 disc set includes all 13 episodes from the animated series, plus all-new never before released special features fans and collectors will love.

Since most of us will be getting this long-awaited Fraggle release, we'd like to mention that if you order Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series that a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on these DVDs with a low-price guarantee. Meaning, you can pre-order now and save off the regular price (and if Amazon lowers the price even more you're guaranteed the lowest price by pre-ordering). We appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.
i am so glad that i saw this thread i have been hoping that the complte series of the amimated fraggle rock would come out ! that is how i got to know fraggle rock as a child and would watch it every saterday morning i loved then when i would go to the video store durning that peride of watching the amimated series on ABC , i noticed that they had some eposides of the live fraggle rock that was on HBO and i really loved both by that time . Unforcanatlly i did not have hbo at the time to see the entire series now on dvd and i got the see the entire thing and i love it just as much now as i did then .

Comfort food i call it lol always can not wait to see the cartoon again !:excited:

PS i placed my order though this thread to help the great MC centeral as soon as i saw the thread and then i made my reply it so great that MC gets this surport .

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They basically continued what had happened in the series (and ignoring the original concept of the animated show by shoving Doc an Sprocket in there)... whereas, say Muppet Babies and Little Muppet Monsters had the same characters, but in different settings that really worked well in animation.
I don't think they continued where the show left off. Based on the few episodes I've seen, Traveling Matt was still exploring outside of Fraggle Rock, Gobo was still scared of Sprocket, and Doc still didn't know about the fraggles and hadn't moved away.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
The Fraggle Rock cartoon was definitely set within the same time frame as the live action series. Just consider them additional Fraggle adventures to enjoy. I grew up watching this cartoon alongside the live action show (for that matter I also grew up watching Muppet Babies alongside The Muppet Show) and I've always enjoyed both just fine. I just look at them as extensions of the franchise- it's pretty much up to each fan to what they want to count as canon and then of course what Henson counts as canon. Whatever- just enjoy it for what it is. And I do think there are some honestly good stories within this short-lived Fraggle Rock cartoon series. I mean, at this rate, it's not like there's any new Fraggle Rock material forthcoming any time soon- unless things really get rocking on this Fraggle Rock movie that's been talked about.:smirk::coy::excited:

flipsend

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the UK will get a release as we got one animated Fraggle dvd but its only a few episodes :frown: . Anyone can help?

zns

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if a review for this set is brought out here on this website. We'll just have to wait and see. :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They're already showing advertisements for this at Target on those TV's... but they're using footage of the live action opening... hmm.

I really hope this is successful enough to warrant releasing Dog City in a set too.

Status
Not open for further replies.