1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Preston the Rabbit

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by MJTaylor, Jun 12, 2009.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. MJTaylor

MJTaylor Member

Who remembers him, eh? He was a rabbit who also loved to give presents to people. Too bad they sometimes caused a heap of trouble.
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You know? He sounds familiar? Can anybody point out around what time he was on this show?
  3. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

He was only on for a short period of time, mainly from 1989 to 1991.
  4. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

Yes, he was one of many short-lived characters on the show. :) He's somewhat memorable since he appeared in the "season opener" episodes for (I think) the 1989-90 and 1990-91 seasons on the show. Something like that. His first appearance was in episode 2616, the first episode after Gabriella's birth.
  5. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I believe Preston Rabbit was Jim Martin's trademark Muppet character. Preston's last appearance was during the, Around the Corner, years. Where Gordon was telling the story of the Hare and the Tortoise with Preston playing the hare and Shelly playing the tortoise.
  6. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Preston was performed by Jim Martin. I believe he first appeared in the 89-90 season.
  7. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

Yorick likes this.
  8. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Are you serious? This is 2 1/2 years old!
  9. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

I know it is. But I only found this video on YouTube a day or so ago. Then I stumbled on this thread, and I thought, “2 1/2 years old or not, I’m sharing this video in this thread!”
  10. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Does anyone know how to spell out phonetically the word they say that's spelled abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz? I want to sing along, but I can't.
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Basically like this...

AB-KAH-DEF-GEE(with hard G sound)-JECKLE-M'NOP-QUER-STOOV-WIX-YIZ.

Believe me, it took me 21 years to learn how to pronounce it. :o
    Yorick likes this.
  12. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

EXCELLENT! THANK YOU! :sing: