Pretzel M&M's

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Feh. You want a cereal who's formula/recipe was tinkered with for the worse? Try Heartland. It's nothing more than hollowed out granola clusters now,which is why I don't buy it. Used to love the original version, especially with the raisins that would harden after swimming in the milk for a while and get caught in your teeth.
As for messing with the premise... I hate what they've done with Trix. It used to be color-coded flavor-coded rice puff balls. And then they went the way of adding marshmallow pieces. Well, that put an end to my consumption of that rot.
The only sugary cereal that's stayed the same that I still like is Sugar Corn Pops.
*A bag of Corn Pops to whoever first correctly names their cartoon spokescharacter.

As for stuff I miss that's no longer made today...
Cherry Coke, Teem, and Slice. Ah Slice, the first to advertise its lemon-lime flavor as "Lymon".
Now we have these stupid Soda Zero diet versions. Gimme a regular Sprite any day of the week, it's ambrosia to my tastebuds.

BTW: Just saw they brought back Ice Cream Snickers. Yaey! That and Snickers ice cream are fabu.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
As for messing with the premise... I hate what they've done with Trix. It used to be color-coded flavor-coded rice puff balls. And then they went the way of adding marshmallow pieces. Well, that put an end to my consumption of that rot.
What? They added marshmallows to Trix? Somebody's getting Miss Piggy karate chopped. Of course, I only had it once several years ago, but it was pretty good.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, at one point they were adding marshmallow pieces in the shapes of the fruits they were highlighting. Yecch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought they just changed it to fruit shaped pieces. Thankfully they changed it back to the classic round corn balls shape. At least, recently.

But the formula tinkering was due in part to 2 things. The increased call for whole grain, which temporarily switched the neutral corn flavor to a myriad of wheats and grains (how regular do they have to keep kids, anyway?) and the search for another sweetener besides the dreaded high fructose corn sweeteners. Luckily all the corn ones are corn again, but they're still looking for that illusive sweetness quotient. Some got it right back, others didn't. I remember that Post at one time tinkered so much with Alpha-Bits, they were pulled off the market due to tasting so terrible, kids refused to buy them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... No takers for that bag of Corn Pops?
Hmm, thought someone would have gotten that little bit of trivia by now.
And what was the story on Alpha-Bits previous Saint Bernard dog mascot?
Trix may have changed back, but Ima not trusting them.
BTW2: Speaking of Pretzel M&M's... What happened to Take 5?
And have you seen the commercials to vote on the favorite M&M character? Funny stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay. Since we're talking about limited time only flavored whatevers, anyone like Airheads?

I usually manage to pick up a package of the stuff when they have a cartoon or movie licensee. I LOVED most of those flavors, especially any fruit punch ones. Loved Chipmunk Cola. However, I'm doing this as a warning.

if anyone wants to pick up the Despicable Me packages the Bubble Gum flavor is excellent... but THROW AWAY Freeze Ray-nbow. Ugh! It's like eating a Halls. It made my entire throat and inside of my mouth burn. And not even in a pleasant spicy food sort of way. An unpleasant so cold it's boiling Halls medicated sort of way. It's not that good tasting and it's very painful. So trust me. Toss Freeze Ray-nbow out!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
So, a while back, we were talking about foreign candies. What about a Cadbury (sorry about any misspellings) chocolate candy called Aero? There may have been another flavor sold, but I tried the mint, and it was awesome. They sell it in England, but they also sell it at Disney World in that country's area of the Epcot World Showcase.

Kiki

Reaction score
And Vegemite, right? Which I've heard is horrible... :wink:
Lol, I love it! xD Though I don't have much of a choice, I should like it somewhat after having it nearly everyday for lunch for the past 11 years or so. xD It's really nice, honest, but I've found that many foreigners (generally speaking) eat it with a spoon. If you ever try it- DO NOT do that. It tastes really bitter, but it's fantastic on toast. :wink:

Okay. Since we're talking about limited time only flavored whatevers, anyone like Airheads?
I remember those! They got rid of them here about eight years ago.

What about a Cadbury (sorry about any misspellings) chocolate candy called Aero?
Oh yeah, I know those, they're really common here, you can find the milk chocolate and mint flavour just about anywhere.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I bought a small bag of pretzel M&Ms yesterday, and I must say that I was not impressed with the taste of the product. I guess if someone likes chocolate covered pretzels, they won't be disappointed.

I'll stick to eating M&Ms and pretzels separately from now on.:smirk:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Lately I've been finding all sorts of oddly flavored M&Ms... The local grocery store has been selling Coconut M&Ms which are spectacular, as well as Peanut Butter & Strawberry - a strangely tasty combo. I've yet to try the Pretzel ones.