Problems installing a PC game

Maestro

Reaction score
I'm trying to install Monty Python & The Quest For The Holy Grail. When I put the CD in, the AUTOPLAY feature kicks in, and the Setup Wizard tries to begin, but after it's inital loading and I press "Next >", I get this error message:

"Unable to create a directory under .Please check the write access to this directory."

Now I am the administrator of my computer and can write to all my drives with no trouble. I have more than enough memory. All I can figure is maybe a problem with age. The game is from 932 A.D. ... just kidding, it's from 1998, so the game is meant to run on Windows 3.1 or Windows 95, and I am running Windows XP.

So can someone help me to solve my problem so that I may get my daily dose of Monty Python?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, that is a problem, considering I still have a PC game from 1998, and was meant for Windows 95/98, but I'm able to play it on XP without any problems.

Maybe you don't have enough memory on your computer? You'd be surprised how much memory one of those things can eat, not to mention the memory that's already taken by other files and junk you have.

Maestro

Reaction score
No, I've got plenty of memory. 3 or 4 gigs. The game only requires 504MB, and that's when fully installed. If I ever get so far as to choose, there is also an option to install so that it will run from the CD, requiring a measly 1.3MB. But as soon as it starts installation I get that message.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I've got plenty of memory. 3 or 4 gigs.
Whoa! I'd KILL to have that much memory on my computer! I've got like 512 MB, and that's only the MINIMAL amount of memory I NEED... I'd even settle for having 1024 MB, as 512 is slowly becoming "stone age" as far as computer memory is concerned.

Maestro

Reaction score
Whoa! I'd KILL to have that much memory on my computer! I've got like 512 MB, and that's only the MINIMAL amount of memory I NEED... I'd even settle for having 1024 MB, as 512 is slowly becoming "stone age" as far as computer memory is concerned.
Wow! When I said 3 or 4 gigs, I meant that's what I had free. My computer has a total of 27 usable gigs on it. Heck, my mp3 player is 8 gigs!

You should've asked for more memory for Christmas...

But back on topic; somebody help meeeeee!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow! When I said 3 or 4 gigs, I meant that's what I had free. My computer has a total of 27 usable gigs on it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Whoa... your computer must be fast as lightning, eh?

Maestro

Reaction score
Why, yes, as a matter of fact.:big_grin:

SOMEBODY HEEEEEELLLPP MEEEEEE! MUST HAVE PYTHON-NY GOODNESS!