Props on Sesame Street

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered what does the Sesame Street crew do with props on the show that they don't intend to use, for example, like that painting of Ernie and Bert in their living room. Have you observed that the painting changed throughout the years? What do you think items like that go?....in storage? I hope they just didn't throw it away. Personally, that's a piece of history that collectors would love to have. What about retired characters like Roosevelt Franklin? Do you think he's in storage also? It'll be great in the future to have possibly a muppet museum featuring these icons.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
I could be mistaken, but did I see a Fozzie Bear muppet being auctioned recently? I wonder if they did the same for the other muppet originals? Where's Sherlock Hemlock when you need him? :wink:

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Well, we all know where the original SESAME STREET sign is from 1969 til the late 70's, early 80's:

The Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C.

BEAR

Reaction score
You're right about the Bert and Ernie painting. It has changed a bit over the years right along with the look of the puppets. The thing I have observed lately is that it seems to me that Bert and Ernie have that same picture in every room of their apartment!

Cookie fan

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Well, we all know where the original SESAME STREET sign is from 1969 til the late 70's, early 80's:

I had no idea! That sign deserves to be there because of what it represents and the impact that this show did for us then kids.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:

yep, I saw it there when I visited with my family about 5 years ago! Initially I think my mom thought Kermit was showcased there, but I remember seeing Oscar in his trash can and also the Sesame Street sign...good stuff :wink:

~Dana~

El Sesame

Reaction score
that is a good question!
ibecause i wanted the ORIGINAL painting of bert and ernie.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Fuzzy and Blue said:
yep, I saw it there when I visited with my family about 5 years ago! Initially I think my mom thought Kermit was showcased there, but I remember seeing Oscar in his trash can and also the Sesame Street sign...good stuff :wink:

~Dana~
Kermit was showcased there.But I don't he's there anymore.I guess they change their displays every once in awhile.