Props to the props...

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
So I just recieved, after much anticipation, my Super Hero Scooter and Electric Mayhem Playset. It's a long story regarding the EM playset, which I won't get into, but let me just say that I have been utterly impressed with this line so far, and continue to be so impressed by even the older sets/ figures. Nobody told me the EM playset had fake neon tubing that looks like real neon lighting. I spent the better part of two hours trying to constuct a way to get it to actually light up using maybe fiber optics... To no avail.
And then I started to curse Ken for designing it the way he did... Before I realized the genius behind the design. My curses originated from the fact that I couldn't figure out how to get Animal to stand on his pegs... I couldn't get my monster hands in there (I'm 6'4 here, so Sweet Ums don't seem so big on my end). Then I realized that the drums swivelled to offer my ever destroying hands a way to insert Animal into the proper placement. HUZZAH!!!
I DO have several issues with the entire set now that have been dealt with in my head already, but if I could get specifics I would be happier...
The mouth-articulation on Animal is simply AWESOME. Now this whole line is incredible as it is, but I wondered yesterday how much MORE awesome it would be if they ALL had mouth articulation, being based on puppets and all. THE puppets as far as I am concerned. How much more expensive would it BE to have mouth articulation??? I realize it's kind of late in the game to come up with this, and I doubt I am the first since I am the last person to acquire this playset... But what's the real story?
I sat down and accepted it in full when I tried to figure out which joints I could do without that we have already been provided with, and couldn't come up with any... So in earnest I am just curious as to why we haven;'t seen any MORE mouth articulation... Anyone have any answers???

jediX

Reaction score
I don't know about the mechanics of it all nor the difficulty in doing mouth articulations, but for a vast majority of the characters it would definately be VERY visible and kind of obtrusive to the likeness in some cases. Characters like Animal can pull this off because they are so shaggy... I'd assume Sweetums would have the floppy mouth as well?

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
That makes sense...

I see that. (the point about the obtrusiveness of these joints)... I could also see some keen ways to kinda hide these joints a bit with jowls and corners of mouths... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the line the way it is... I'm just curious.

As to more props to props... The new Muppephones look AWESOME. I hear there will only be 6??? Well, I hope they cut one of the ones with a closed, or nearly closed, mouth. There are at least 2 that look pretty much the same except for color.

I said it before and I;ll say it again, this is the line of toys I set my collecting watch with.

Oh yeah, Props to Uncle Duke for timely and safe delivery. Alot of care went into packing those figs, along with UPS delivery. Nice job Duke.