Puppet Fest 2005 - Jerry Juhl Writing Workshop

Strings

Reaction score
As a part of the Puppeteers of America's 2005 national festival, we are pleased to announce that Jerry Juhl will be presenting a workshop on writing for puppets. The deadline to apply is April 22. You do not have to be registered for the festival to apply, but you will have to register for the festival to attend the workshop, if your application is accepted. See the details on applying below or visit our website at www.puppetfest2005.org.

Kurt Hunter,
Festival Director

-----------------------------------

INTENSIVE WRITING FOR PUPPETS WORKSHOP
WITH JERRY JUHL

"I've worked with genius performers. Sometimes they created great work with a bad script... but not often. Play it safe: write well."
—Jerry Juhl, writer for The Muppets

Join one of the leading talents behind decades of Muppet television specials, series and feature-length movies in a 5-session intensive writing workshop. Focusing on helping writers with their current projects, Juhl will cover topics including: character, plot, theme, dialogue, spectacle and humor. Each participant will submit a work-in-progress that the group will discuss to identify specific strengths, problems and possible solutions. Juhl will select 10-12 participants based on the overall quality of the individual scripts and how the combination of scripts provide a diverse range of aspects for group discussion.

Submission deadline: must receive by April 22, 2005
Participants will be notified by: June 15, 2005

Submission Guidelines:
Please submit:
Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address
A 10-page typed excerpt of a script
A 2- page description of your plans, hopes and goals for the finished piece, including any specific questions or problems you are having A short bio paragraph discussing general experience.
Note: All levels of experience are encouraged to apply as the ideal final selection will include a mix of professionals, hobbyists, old hands and newcomers.

Send applications by April 22, 2005 to:
Workshop Directors workshops@puppetfest2005.org
(e-mail preferred)
or
Shari Aronson
Workshop Coordinator
3132-16th Ave. So.
Minneapolis, MN 55407

Questions? Contact Shari Aronson workshops@puppetfest2005.org
(612) 724-1435 (e-mail preferred).

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, Kurt!

Did you see where I had posted about the fest at the boards already? I'm a member of the PofA, but can't afford the trip right now. Hopefully, someone from here can go and make a report of it all. I certainly regret not being able to go now, because this would have been a workshop for me!

The other thread is here:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=18990