PUPPET FESTVAL IN ORLANDO...this Sat. Night

Kye

Reaction score
Hey Guys! I just Found this! It should be a hoot! I think I will go!

For even more info, and to watch video clips from last year, Visit www.pawpet.org/pop/

You're Invited to The 2nd Annual Potpourri of Puppetry!
Where: 800 Celebration Avenue at the Stetson University Building.
When: Saturday April 26th 2003 7:30-8pm reception 8pm- 10:30 show
Why: To Celebrate the National Day of Puppetry
Last Year's Rating: R
This Year's Rating: PG13 (this year the event will be family appropriate but geared towards adults)

What: The Potpourri of Puppetry is a fun-filled event dedicated to the art of puppetry. Why should the kids get all the fun? With Broadway shows, primetime TV series and even the Olympics featuring puppetry, it's high time there be an evening of puppetry for the big kid us, the adults!
Well here it is! In celebration of the National Day of Puppetry, comes "The 2nd Annual Potpourri of Puppetry", in Celebration. An evening of improv highlighting 3-5 minute acts that form a two- hour extravaganza! All performers are welcome, and are assigned a time slot on a first come, first serve basis.
Pre-registration is not required, but reccommended.
A 7:30pm reception kicks off the event and the show starts at 8:00pm.
So grab your puppets and join us!

This year's features:
Reception with food and entertainment
Several high profile puppeteers' acts
Puppet short films and videos
Section for improvisation with puppets
NEW! Karaoke with puppets
Cost: A $5 donation to the event allows you to enjoy everything!

So bring your families, your friends, your puppets, your tired your poor, your huddled masses yearning to perform free, and join us April 26th 2003 for the 2nd Annual Potpourri of Puppetry!

To sign up to perform, make a donation of time, equipment, etc. please contact Jamie Friedman: muppetjrf@aol.com and put Potpourri of Puppets in the Subject
See you there!

Kye

Reaction score
Is anyone going?? There is a bunch of Floridians here!! :stick_out_tongue:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
BROOOOO!!!!

Why in the heck didn't you post this sooner?! I probably would have tried to go if I had more notice.

:mad: :boo: :mad:

Eh, I know ya didn't know earlier, but jeeze, I would've really liked to have gone..

:cry:

-Matt

Kye

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
BROOOOO!!!!

Why in the heck didn't you post this sooner?! I probably would have tried to go if I had more notice.

:mad: :boo: :mad:

Eh, I know ya didn't know earlier, but jeeze, I would've really liked to have gone..

:cry:

-Matt
Im sorry Matt! I just Found it Today!! It was posted up at Stetson! They are going to have Puppet kareoke open to the public!!!! I think you need to change your plans!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
AAAAAaAaARRRGGGHH!!!!

Do you have any idea how much I love to sing Muppet songs? DO YOU KYE?!?! I would have been up there pouring my heart out, doing one of the Muppety standards!!

D**N YOU PEOPLE IN STETSON! WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE TOLD THE REST OF THE STATE EARLIER?!?!?!?!

:cry: :mad: :cry:

-Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I take Muley out with me (because when I'm out and about, folks will ask where he is). If I'm someplace where they're doing Karaoke, Muley usually does a song or 2, and the crowds go wild for him.

Kye

Reaction score
Kev,

Hop in the car...Its probably only a ..20 hour drive! You can drive One half , and Muley the other!:smile:

Kye

Reaction score
We'll I guess I will be the only Representitive from MC. I cant believe it! I am very dissapointed in you orlando people!!!:frown:

Kye

Reaction score
OK! NOW I HAVE HAD IT!! :mad: Here Is a perfect Oppertunityto celebrate National puppetry day!!! and noone from Orlando even RESPONDED! wow. I guess I will be the only one there!!!:rolleyes: