Puppet Making Video

DPuppets

Reaction score
I was not sure if anyone has talked about this. I had Dave and June at the church a few weeks ago and he shared with a new video about patterning puppets. I am waiting on my copy of it but, from the talk it is supposed to be really GOOD. http://www.playsoup.com/store/index.htm Has anyone else heard about this?

Blink

Reaction score
Looks awesome! I know I'll buy a copy. Thanks for the heads up.

pjpiperhop

Reaction score
DVD is now for sale

Dave’s DVD is now up for sale on his website. Its title is "Sketch to Show: Patterning a Puppet”.
It’s a little pricey at $45, but given Dave’s past work, I think it might be worth it. I know I’ll order a copy.

BorkBork

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. Perhaps i'll go and buy it soon :wink:

DPuppets

Reaction score
I have heard from some who already have it and say it is GREAT. As for the price...if it helps you learn how to patteren a puppet it is cheap.

DPuppets

Reaction score
I just got the video and it is GREAT! For anyone who is already building and ones who are wanting to start. This will be a great tool for you. It has step by step instructions, how to cut foam, and even how to glue. I wish it would have been out when I started years ago. It is money well spent!

pjpiperhop

Reaction score
I've ordered mine too. I can't wait. I've got several puppets to build for this next year and I need to get started.

renegade

Reaction score
Hey dpuppet does it really show you how to make a true foam patten from a drawing?

I can't wait until mine shows up!!

DPuppets

Reaction score
Hey Renegade,
It does show you how to make a pattern. He makes one right in front of you and walks you through the steps on drawing and putting into foam and then into the pattern. What he shows is the way I have done it for years and most more experienced builders do but, what is thought in the video is something that took me a few years to work on. You will not go wrong in getting this video. I believe this is one of the best videos for puppet building in a long time.

BorkBork

Reaction score
that description makes me want to buy it even more...i'll order it next week.