Puppet Patterns - Please Help!!

demonbabies

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to puppet making and am looking for a good pattern for a Muppet-style puppet. I went to projectpuppet.com and they had a great package on how to create a foam puppet and how to skin it ( The Rotondo Package) but upon further examination their patterns only work with Windows based computers. I have a Mac. Anybody have any ideas on another website to order from or some great tutorials???? Please help!

Thanx!

:halo:

gfarkwort

Reaction score
YAY a Mac User!

When I ordered I was offered a cd version or a printed version

But, the Patterns are REALLY easy...and you don't need the instructions really...you just need to glue.

....at least, that's my opinon. Let's say they're as easy to use as a Mac :wink:

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Sean Johnson over on Puppet 101 Blog has a tutorial about how they made Ratchet the cat for a production that gives some great ideas for patterning and construction. Check out the 'Puppeteer's Resource Links' thread for some more ideas.

renegade

Reaction score
Buy the patterns from Project puppet they come printed out . Also Get print outs of the insructions . It's worth every penny !!! you won't be sorry

aaronmojo

Reaction score
Trial and error my friend... Or carefully rip apart an old plush toy and "reverse engineer" a pattern... Do you have any concept drawings of what you want the finished puppet to look like?

apendola

Reaction score
you can always get a windows emulator for your computer.

But I'm not sure if that would work. Anyone here know?

BorkBork

Reaction score
when i ordered a downloadable pattern with instructions it was in a pdf-file. It should open fine on a mac, if the files on the cd are pdf
Either way, if it's a new mac it should read a pc-burned cd.

renegade

Reaction score
naw it's a .exe file that contains the instructions on the cd and won't open on a mac
the glorified sock pattern does come as a .PDF file and is A FANTASIC pattern
All you need to do is just ask for the printed pages It just cost a few bucks more .
but like i Said these are truely the best patterns out there and worth every red cent/

puppetsmith

Reaction score
I may be too late on this one, but yes, just as gfarkwort and renegade said, the printed version of the instructions is available for Mac users or those that do not have access to a PC.

Lately, we've been getting more requests for Mac compatiable CDs. It is something we've been working on for a while, so don't give up on us yet!

demonbabies

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help!! I think I might just order the printed version.
still deciding though....meep meep!! :eek: