Puppet Patterns

Reaction score
hey, I just want to know if any of you have any good puppet patterns, or if you know were i can get one off the Internet, Because I am hoping to make a live hand puppet like fozzie, and Rowlf. Thanks!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi Beaker Meep Meep, welcome to the forum! :smile:

There's a number of patterns available for free on the web. The general consensus seems to be that most of these are not really very good, but they can definately help get you started. A quick search of Google will turn up most of them. There used to be a simple guide to making a human arm puppet at http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Balcony/1282/page1.html but that site seems to be down right now.

I have info about and links to some of the better puppet building resources available here. There's a section in that article on some of the better puppet patterns out there, but I'm not sure if any of them deal with human arm (or "live hands") puppets.

I have some issues with One Way Street's patterns myself, but they probably have something on human arm puppets. You should also try searching the forum for "human arm puppet" or "live hands puppet". There's probably an old thread here somewhere that has good information.

I hope that helps!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
What kind of stuff are you up to in Mississauga? There's quite a few puppeteers out that way.

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
What kind of stuff are you up to in Mississauga? There's quite a few puppeteers out that way.
Well, I love puppets if thats what you mean, I havent really heard of any other puppeteers around here, if you could tell me theri names that would be cool, becasue maybe they could join me and my friends company.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I was just talking to one of the folks I was thinking of and she's moved to Quebec City (d'oh!). Email me privately (you don't have that option turned on so I can't email you) and I can probably put you in touch with some people. I'd rather not post people's contact info without their consent.