Puppet Performer Auditions in NY - 6-18-04

Tom Morrow

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm going to be the puppet coordinator on an upcoming project and I thought this would be a good place to give a "heads up" about performer auditions. If anyone can think of some other sites where I can get the word out, please post here or shoot me a PM or an email (Bluesnal@aol.com) as we'd like to see as many performers as possible!

Thanks for reading and I hope to see some of you on the 18th!
Tom

AUDITION INFO:

We will be holding auditions on June 18th for the five principle puppet characters of a direct to video project. Shooting is tentatively set for mid-July.

This DVD will be the 2nd from the GoBabies® Alphabet Road™ © 2003 video series for children 1-4, a 2003 Parents Choice award winner, sold now at www.alphabetroad.com ,www.amazon.com , and at 55 specialty toy stores in the USA, just picked up by Rounder Kids, the leading distributor of music and videos for children..

Alphabet Road takes children 1-4 to real life places. The first was F is for Farm , Do you know where milk comes from? #2 is B is for Beach, Le'ts build a Sandcastle. Our customers are asking for #2 and # 3. They have 26 program titles on paper.

Performers:

We are looking for puppeteers with television/monitor experience, strong character voices and a good singing voice. Must be ready to work as a team to get a big job done. The shoot will run 4-5 days and performers will be paid per day, within 30 days of the end of shooting. Hours may vary, as the shoot is mostly outdoors and will be somewhat dependent upon the weather. Be prepared to be hot, and sandy and to sing some wonderful original songs under the guidance of a strong, respectful director and experienced crew who have worked together for several years.

The audition:

Date- 6-18-04
Time- Between 11:30AM and 2:00PM
Location- Shetler Studios
939 8th Avenue
between 55th& 56th St.
Room 407 - GoBabies, Alphabet Road
Cell contact that day: Kate: 917-593-7747

Shetler Studio #: 212-246-6655

If you are interested please call our producer, Kate Wood at 609-683-8194 or email: kate@burkewood.com

Characters we’re holding auditions for:

Red- the leader, a Tiger with a big heart and a re-assuring voice.
Roxy- the perky mascot who mainly barks, but talks a bit as well
Violet: the inquisitive girl in the bunch
Simon- the oldest child and always ready for new adventures
Lincoln- the youngest of the GoBabies, the wide-eyed child

See www.alphabetroad.com for clips and to get to know to the GoBabies.

Tom Morrow

Reaction score
small update...

Just a note that if anyone's dropped Kate an email and not had a response, that she's had some email troubles. If you've not heard back from her by now, she's not gotten your mail. Best bet at this point would be to call her up--

Kate Wood 609-683-8194

I'd also reccomend calling for anyone who may be able to come down for the auditions...

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to email me at Bluesnal@aol.com

thanks!
Tom