Puppet Planet & The Tony Awards!

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I found out recently that one of my puppet characters is going to the Tony Awards with a client! You have no idea how excited I am at the potential for this kind of exposure and the possibility of seeing my work (even if only a glimps) broadcasted on television.

I am requesting that a kind soul lend a helping hand to another puppet enthusiast. My problem is that I am technically challenged and as a result my VCR will only record the static and fuzz from some unknown station on my TV. Can someone PLEEEEEZ record the event and contact me with a fair price for your time and shipping costs.

Here are the details:

Sunday, June 6th at 8PM ET/PT on CBS and the official website for the event is:

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/index.html

Please contact me at michele@puppet-planet.com

Thanks!
-Michele

Ryan

Reaction score
I'll be taping it for Avenue Q's stuff, so I can make you a copy. It'll be taped on Antenna, but with a pretty good reception. That okay?

BTW...CONGRATS!

Jinx

Reaction score
Congrats, Michele!

Where might we be inclined to see your work on the telecast? I always tape the Tonys, as they are the highlight of my year. So between Ryan and myself, we should be able to accomodate your needs!

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys!

As for where we might see him... I'm not sure. I sent the same question off to the person attending and I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear something.

I'm on cloud 9.... just hope I don't take a wrong step and fall off. *giggle*

-Michele

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
The information is on the Gallery page of my website (I just put it there), but you can click this link and it should take you directly to the photo of the puppet as he looked when he sold on Ebay. Picture him with a spiffy lookin tux on. :wink:

http://www.puppet-planet.com/Rocko1.JPG

-Michele

PS: His hair is way "out there" in the photo, but the fur will actually lay down with a "slicked back" look to it. I have no idea how it will be styled for the event.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't able to watch the Tony Awards because my oldest had a event that we had to attend. I can't wait to receive a copy of the tape from someone!

The owner of Rocko said that she didn't think that they received any air time, but it's still exciting just the same! Here is the letter I received from her this morning:

We weren't on TV :-( but we made a lot of people smile. People came up to us, shook his hand, waved, laughed etc. At Radio City there is a grand staircase you walk up, and then there is a railing you look over onto the Grand Staircase. Rocko leaned over the railing to get a gander, and caused many people to look up and wave. Besides his tux, he was wearing his AIDS ribbon, and his "Don't Suck Vote Q" button (promotional Avenue Q button that audiences were given during the Tony voting period). Another person who also wore his button came over to talk to Rocco.

While in the first mezzanine, Rocco participated like an audience member, headbopped to the music, listened to the gossip, gossiped, snoozed a little, but cheered alot, jumping up to cheer loudly for Avenue Q.

Thanks for helping make my 8th Tony Awards memorable!

________

I always love feedback, but I think this one will be framed and hung right above my desk so that I can look at it everyday. :flirt:

Thanks!
-Michele

Puppet Planet
PO Box 15615
St. Petersburg, FL 33713

Whom ever is sending a tape, please contact me so that we can work out the costs for me to receive a copy. Thanks a bunch!
michele@puppet-planet.com

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
How exciting!! I hope SOMETHING happened, like even a subliminal glimpse of Rocko!

Too awesome!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That is great! Congratulations, I'd be so happy if it was a puppet I made. By the way its an excellent puppet too! I wish the Tony awards were on Australian TV. We don't get anything like that.