Puppet Wanted (I also posted this on B,S,T)

Nick

Reaction score
Hey All!

If you have read some of the threads I have been posting on lately, you will know I am a slightly older... ok way older College student.

I am currently enrolled in a puppetry class, it is a broad class with no specific genre that we are studying. We are basically covering the history of puppets and watching a few vids etc. We are also required to make a puppet, any kind of puppet. (that is our final exam) I made 5 this past weekend!

We meet on Mondays and Wednesdays, and the last 15 min of class we do the old fashion show and tell. I would love to be able to sho a pro style puppet, (ie; Muppet Style, Ave Q Style, etc.)

What I am asking is, to borrow a puppet for a week, I will pay shipping charges (reasonable, not the inflated ebay style charges) I will provide you with all my personal info, including my Instructor's info from the University, and a CC number etc.

I know that we live in a world where people don't trust a lot of other people, but I am an extremely honest person. We could even do an ebay style auction (I will pay your listing fee as well) that way you know you are covered, and that all my info is correct etc.

I have been following auctions, and I just don't have the $500 to $1000 to spend on a puppet off of eBay. The ministry style cookie cutter puppets for $29- $100 are all the same, and come from the same company, basically they will not work.

It will be in a safe enviroment, no kids, pets, smoking. I will take care of it as if it were a precious gem and be responsible for it while in my posession. Since this is the profession I am now going to get into, burning a bridge this early in the game would not be wise, as everyone knows everyone in this business.

Of course, if you have a retired puppet that you would be willing to sell at a reasonable charge, or willing to allow me to make payments, I would not refuse that offer either :big_grin:

Thanks again for your consideration!
I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone!