Puppeteers of America Festival

puppetguy

Reaction score
Just wondering if there was anyone on MC who would be attending the National Puppeteers of America Festival in Tahlequah, OK this year.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'd like to attend (I've never made it to a PofA festival before) but since it's in OK this year I probably won't be able to afford going down in the summer. :frown:

puppetguy

Reaction score
Nationals are the best to attend because they last the entire week with at least two shows per day...plus the benefit of being around some extremely talented people. I haven't been to the last three fests, but they invited me to perform this year, so that's how I can afford to go...gonna be a long drive from Alabama, though.

Just a note for other puppet builders, these festivals usually include workshops involving foam rubber puppet construction. Drew Allison, co-author of "The Foam Book" is leading one this year. So, for future reference, POA fests are great for picking up building techniques.

David

matleo

Reaction score
hey Dave,
Sadly, I won't be joining you in tahlequah, but I am goign to try and make it up to see the NPC performances next week. And I'm also hopign ot make it to the PofA NE regional fest next sumemr which I hear is also supposed to be in CT. Out of curiosity which show are you doing in talequah? Hope all is well in Foley. Siobhan says hi. Talk to you later.

--Matt

puppetguy

Reaction score
Hey Matt!

I'll be doing "Billy Goats Gruff and Other Stuff." At the moment I'm having to rebuild half the puppets...after three years of hard touring, its time for new puppets.

Things are fine here...just about to kick off the summer tour of libraries. I also worked with a singer/songwriter friend in Pensacola on his new music video (featuring your buddy and mine, Scruff) which recently placed as a finalist in the Telly awards. The Tellies spotlight excellence in the film and TV industry. So we're pretty pleased with that. Brian hopes to have the video on ifilms.com in the near future. I'll keep you posted.
You can check out stills from the video shoot at www.paperplanerecords.com

Hi, Siobhan! Hope you are both doing well. Did you audition for Avenue Q??
David

doctort13

Reaction score
Boo Hoo

I can't attend. The biggest reason is that I can't afford it. I plan to go to the Great LAkes Region Potlatch weekend in November.
Our guild (Cincinnati) is looking into hosting a P of A event in the future.

Scarylad

Reaction score
I might get to go If I can get a coupe days of, and if the Wife will allow it. I live in Yukon, OK. And was so excited when I found out it would be here this year. Espescially since I just got into Puupetry last year. What excellent timing!:smile: