Puppetise's Kermit Replica

puppetise

Reaction score
Hey guys i decided to join the band wagon and build a kermit its not finished yet but here are some pics

here

here

here

enjoy and my long awaited female puppet is on its way

cheers

-wayne-

Ps. can u guys leave comments on my picture trail cheers

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Looks good. You've built your own other puppets, too, right?

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
You may want to play around with the tongue and the black 'bit' (the technical term escapes me at the moment). They don't seem central, have a look a the puppet, perhaps in a mirror. Think the tongue shape looks wrong as well, may just be me though.

The colour and the eyes look good, but the seams could do with hiding a bit more if you're going for a replica.

J

puppetise

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Looks good. You've built your own other puppets, too, right?
yes i do the link to veiw my puppets is here

Punch'n'Judy said:
You may want to play around with the tongue and the black 'bit' (the technical term escapes me at the moment). They don't seem central, have a look a the puppet, perhaps in a mirror. Think the tongue shape looks wrong as well, may just be me though.

The colour and the eyes look good, but the seams could do with hiding a bit more if you're going for a replica.

J
well either way its a replica and it was a test kermit the eyes are casted then the pupil is painted and this was my first kermit the seams dont matter to me as its it just for fun and mucking around if you have tips on hidding the seams then please share

note it is regular fleece not antron

Camellia

Reaction score
Kermit - handbuilt by a fan :smile:

puppetise said:
Hey guys i decided to join the band wagon and build a kermit its not finished yet but here are some pics

Ps. can u guys leave comments on my picture trail cheers

hi,

looks good so far. but I'd make the color more "spring green" than "mid tone mint green". (needs more yellow) the eyes look good, general shaping is good. the pink part of the tongue needs to be smaller.

good luck!
Camellia

muppetperson

Reaction score
Not bad,but it seems your Kermit is very large than it should be.Unless your sewing machine is very small!!!

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Looking good!!

What did you finally use for the body pattern?

Lynn

Melonpool

Reaction score
A lot of you don't realize that the camera often distorts the way that puppets look in the pictures, especially when you do close up shots. They may look a lot closer in person than they do in these pictures.

puppetise

Reaction score
i used zoom and flash at night so it does change the look he is not big at all

puppetise

Reaction score
Boba Lynn said:
Looking good!!

What did you finally use for the body pattern?

Lynn
five leafs ()()()()() of 1/2 inch foam sheet make kermits body then make the pattern again the same exept 1 ich bigger for seam alowence for the fleece