Puppets

The Alphabeats

Reaction score
i'll admit im a newbie at making puppets and this Muppet central Forum...but i was wondering how long some of you Muppet Fans have been making your own and what to expect down the road.....of designing puppets... im open for suggestions...thank you :smile:

gfarkwort

Reaction score
I have been building Puppets for six years. and while your Puppet building expect the unexpected....designing is the easiest part.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
The Alphabeats said:
i'll admit im a newbie at making puppets and this Muppet central Forum...but i was wondering how long some of you Muppet Fans have been making your own and what to expect down the road.....of designing puppets... im open for suggestions...thank you :smile:
I've been playing around with making puppets for almost a year and im almost getting the hang of it, it doesnt take long. I've been breaking a few rules and making them whatever way I feel like and theyve been turning out ok so if I can do it anyone can.
Good Luck.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I've peen building puppets for 8 years now and all I know about building them is that I know very little. Everytime I make a puppet, I make detailed patterns and sketches thinking that documenting the creation of this puppet will make my next endeavor at building a piece of cake. But every puppet is different and I've basically have to start from scratch with every puppet I make. Puppet making is an endless learning streak.

thatonekid

Reaction score
well i've only been making puppets for like six months. but what i've learned so far is that if you try to plan to much it never turns out the way you want(this may be because of the fact that my sewing machine is evil and i can't sew for beens)and also, I don't know if you're a puppeteer or not but i've found that it really helps if you know what's good in a puppet to know how to make one.

p.s. the latest puppet that i've made is on my avatar