Put a Piece of Carbon Paper Under Your Heart

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
Fiddle, fiddle, tweak,adjust, fiddle...Oh hello! Here at Muppet Labs we've been struggling with a deep and profound question from our childhood. No, it's not 'What kind of animal did my Uncle John use for a toupee?' but rather who sang the song with the words 'You put a piece of carbon paper under your heart, and gave me just a copy of your love.' It was sung by a woman guest (whom I can't remember....I think long dark hair) to either Fozzy or Gonzo. If any of you out there can give us some help, I'll make Beaker a nice cheese and paperclip sandwich for his lunch. :eek:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Hi, the song that you're talking about is called "Carbon Paper" and it was sung by Phyllis George and Rowlf on The Muppet show. It was sung by Annie Sue Pig on The Muppet Show and by rowlf on his album called " 'Ol Brown Ears Is Back." Here are some links:

Carbon Paper-
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Carbon_Paper

It's Muppet Show episode that you spoke of- http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_412:_Phyllis_George

And please, spare poor Beaker's stomach, he's been through so much.:smile:

Hope this helps,
Austin

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
Oh hooray!

Thank you very much...Yes, poor Beaker..he's really developed a taste for the Edible Paperclips, which is fine as long as he's not near open flames .....thanks again for your answer to the ques....no Beaker, the oven doesn't need preheating....

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Really? I never knew Phyllis George sang it also, thanks!

Welcome to the forun Bunsen Honeydew!
:smile: You know, the spelling of your name is rather interesting. It is the correct spelling, though I don't think many muppet fans use it, including me. The reason I bring it up is that some time ago, there was a member who came on the forum and started a thread pointing it out. As I recall, he had a bit of a misunderstanding with one of our Sr. members who was
:confused: as to what exactly he meant. He didn't stay long, and I'm wondering if you could be him under a different name?
Anyhow, I look forward to seeing you around!

Kate

David French

Reaction score
The song was actually performed twice on TMS - the first was on the Leo Sayer episode and this version was sung by Annie Sue with piano accompanient by Rowlf. The second was on the Phyllis George episode, sung by Phyllis herself and again with Rowlf on piano.

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
Oh dear me..

Fragglemuppet said:
Really? I never knew Phyllis George sang it also, thanks!

Welcome to the forun Bunsen Honeydew!
:smile: You know, the spelling of your name is rather interesting. It is the correct spelling, though I don't think many muppet fans use it, including me. The reason I bring it up is that some time ago, there was a member who came on the forum and started a thread pointing it out. As I recall, he had a bit of a misunderstanding with one of our Sr. members who was
:confused: as to what exactly he meant. He didn't stay long, and I'm wondering if you could be him under a different name?
Anyhow, I look forward to seeing you around!

Kate
No...no...no! I can assure you that I am not that same rascal, ...partly due to the fact that I'm a ....well....a Girl Bunsen Honeydew! I'm also 37 and naturally that make me overflowing with generosity, good humour, politeness and sometimes maturity. :eek: I had been looking for Bunsen Honeydew on the Internet and wasn't finding many hits due to the fact that I had been spelling it 'Bunson Honeydew'. Then I had a flash of insight that took me back to when I failed high school chemistry and remembered my old nemesis the bunsen burner. Oh many an unhappy and clumsy hour was spent burning my fingers and various compounds over that silly little flame... Thanks again for all the help on the song. Everyone has been very gracious indeed!