1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Question about 1975 Christmas album...

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by BWSmith, Oct 20, 2004.

1. BWSmith

BWSmith New Member

"Merry Christmas from Sesame Street" (1975) was my favorite album as a kid. I don't think my parents have their old copy anymore. Has this ever been re-issued on CD or cassette, or is it LP only?
  2. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

It was also released on cassette (which I have).
  3. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I believe that a similar Christmas CD was released when "Elmo saves Christmas" came out. The CD had some of the same songs, however some of the classic characters were dubbed over to add the modern characters like Elmo, Zoe, and Hoots the Owl in their place. :(
  4. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Some Of The Same Songs Were On The CD:A Sesame Street Christmas!
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The original version (and over 150 Muppet holiday songs) will begin playing on Muppet Central Radio tha day after Thanksgiving.
  6. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I had this album on 8-track (!), and the CD released a few years ago is very similar, with a few characters dubbed over for modern continuity reasons. It's still a really cool album to listen to, because it's such a blast from the past--especially the Sesame Street Christmas Pageant that's on it (Oh welcome, Oh welcome, to our little play...)

:p :( :grouchy:
  7. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

It was sort of funny to hear the recent Sesame Street Christmas CD because people like Olivia and Dave were edited out and replaced by Hoots and Elmo...I think they must have had Kevin Clash come in one day and fix the whole CD by himself! :p
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

why doesn't that stupid SS workshop just record a whole new album?
  9. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, I was listening to some Sesame Street music samples from Amazon yesterday and I heard Elmo singing Big Bird's famous ABC-DEF-GHI song. Freaky.
  10. mothergoose

mothergoose New Member

1975 tape

Hi, I'm new here! Hope you fans can help me locate a "new" Merry Christmas from Sesame St. tape, 1975. Mine has (unfortunately) finally died. Should have made a second copy years ago. Ahh, hindsite..... Please let me know if you can help me out! Thanks!
    Mothergoose
  11. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

You can probably find one on eBay.
  12. Boober_Gorg

Or get your fix here.
  13. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

The Twelve Days Of Christmas Is Great To Listen To!!!! WOO HOO! :excited: :flirt: :sing:
  14. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

My two favourite tracks would be The Twelve Days Of Christmas and Luis and Maria's song Sulludo.
  15. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

i think i have that album somewhere
  16. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Thanks Boober!
    I had the album as a kid. The 2 tracks I especially wanted to listen to were "The Night Before Christmas On Sesame Street" by David (Northern Calloway) & Mr. Hooper's Christmas story by Mr. Hooper (Will Lee)
    I'll be the first to admit I got a bit misty eyed when listening to the second one :cry: but it was nice to hear the grandfatherly like voice of Mr. H. Also, I liked hearing David's voice again.
    I'm sure they can both R.I.P knowing they made kids happy.
    Kathy/Prairie Dawn
  17. mothergoose

mothergoose New Member

Merry Christmas from Sesame St. (and from me too!)

Thanks everyone who offered suggestions on finding the cassette. Especially to the person who offered to make a copy for me. I'm listening to the CD right now and I'm thrilled. My family and I have listened to this album every year for 21 years. The tradition lives on! Merry Christmas everyone! :)
  18. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

which one is the one that goes " True blue Mirical i don't know what one is"
  19. Boober_Gorg

That one can be found here.
  20. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

Olivia also sang"True Blue Miracle"on the 1978 TV special"Christmas Eve On Sesame Street".Two other things that were repeated in that special were Oscar's musical number"I Hate Christmas",and Mr.Hooper's story of Ernie and Bert. :p :(