Question about Cookie Monster

FshyFshyFshy

Reaction score
There's something that I have long wondered about Cookie Monster and was wondering if anyone might be able to clear it up for me.

When I was little and saw Cookie Monster, as he was walking along or doing whatever, he always said, "Dum de dum dum dum..." But in watching the program with my son, I never hear him say it anymore. Am I just missing it? Does he still say it? My thought was that maybe the original voice of Cookie had passed on and someone else was doing his voice now. What happened to the "Dum de dum dum dum?"

BEAR

Reaction score
Cookie's original performer, Frank Oz, is indeed still living. Unfortunately, he has just recently left Sesame Street to pursue other career oportunities. David Rudman has taken over playing Cookie. Maybe that was a subtle character thing that Rudman oversaw. Its amazing how we as an audience and fans can pick up on the smallest little details about a character and observe so quickly when it is gone.

Censored

Reaction score
Maybe the child psychologists thought that "Dum de dum dum dum" sounded too much like an insult. :wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Maybe the child psychologists thought that "Dum de dum dum dum" sounded too much like an insult. :wink:
Good Lord! Don't even get me started on all that crap! :rolleyes: