1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. The Muppets "Too Hot to Handler"
    Scooter books his crush, Chelsea Handler, who spices up "Up Late" and his personal life. Meanwhile, Kermit learns that Becky may be hiding her past from Fozzie when he and Denise go on a double date.

3. In Their Own Words: Jim Henson
    Discuss one of the best Jim Henson documentaires ever. Featuring new interviews from the Henson Family, Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, Carroll Spinney, Fran Brill and more. Miss the show? Order the DVD.

question about Dark Crystal documentary clip

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Dearth, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Was there a segment about the Dark Crystal on the tv show "Standby Lights Camera Action", hosted by Leonard Nimoy?

I have this memory of a specific behind-the-scenes clip showing Frank Oz explaining the cantilevered system inside the Skeksis which would allow the weight of the puppeteer's arm to rest on his hips.

I skimmed through the documentaries on the Dark Crystal 2-disc DVD but I didn't see the specific footage I was looking for.

I used to watch SLCA a lot on Nickelodeon, so I thought maybe that's where I saw the clip.