1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Question about Fozzie's "Any Old Irons" Costume

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by KingFelix, Jun 28, 2008.

1. KingFelix

KingFelix New Member

There's a question I have that I can't seem to find a way to Google or research.

In the Elton John episode in Season 2, there's a UK scene where Kermit & Fozzie sing a song called "Any Old Iron". It seems that it was an English Music Hall song, & Fozzie wears a really odd costume.

I never really thought much of the costume, except that it was just a crazy Muppet thing, until I saw some singers in an old movie dressed the same way. For a picture of Fozzie in costume, go here:
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Any_Old_Iron

My question is: What the heck is that weird suit called? & what's the story with people dressing that way?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    KF:crazy:
  2. David French

David French Member

I suggest that you Google "English Music Hall" as you're more likely to find the answer there than by asking here.

I suspect that it's simply a costume that Music Hall performers wore.
  3. KingFelix

KingFelix New Member

Thanks, but I already exhausted that avenue, with no results.

4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

5. KingFelix

KingFelix New Member

Beau! I could hug you! Thanks so much!

6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Always welcome (pearly) King Felix!
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Any old iron. Just hearing those words together cracks me up. All I can think of is that pupil-less muppet wandering around, trying hard not to be seen.