Question About Frank's Current Gig with Muppets

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Before 1998 (I say before because Sesame Street Unpaved was published then and was the first to reveal this), Frank has had a four-day commiment with Sesame Street, in which each new season in production, he would perform his characters (Bert, Grover, AND Cookie Monster) for new sketches (I think they say he does anywhere between five to fifteen new sketches in those four days). Recently, I believe it was confirmed that he decided he was only going to perform Bert for new sketches; however, this season, he's reprised Grover again for a couple of new sketches, which coincidentally feature Grover pestering Fat Blue. I think it's because they're Grover/Fat Blue sketches (like the old days) is why Frank decided to take on Grover again this season, what do you all think?

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I'm glad he's working with the muppets more often now

travellingpat

Reaction score
Thats probably the reason..he might have asked for some grover fat blue ones...he probably enjoys working with jerry...considering they are some of the last "original" (well, jerrys almost an original) except for carroll left on Sesame Street.
Keep it up Frank!

anytimepally

Reaction score
I love when Grover pesters Fat Blue.. do you know which episodes these were in?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well Frank and Jerry have had really good chemistry with those characters for years now. But He had been doing Grover talking in thoses random moments where he is talking with kids on the street and asking them questions. He did that in season 35, 36, 37, and many, mamy years before that.

superboober

Reaction score
As it is, I randomly tuned in today and caught this very thing, as an Extreme Makeover parody, and thought that it sound a lot like the two of them doing Grover and Fat Blue again.

cahuenga

Reaction score
frank oz current gig with te muppets

have jerry nelson ever performed fat blue alongside eric jacobson performing grover in any sketch?thanks!!!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
cahuenga said:
have jerry nelson ever performed fat blue alongside eric jacobson performing grover in any sketch?thanks!!!

Yes. On the DVD "A Celebration of Me, Grover" Jerry's Fat Blue interacts with Eric's Grover quite a bit.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok here is one for you. Did Brian Henson do fat blue in the elmo grouchland movie. If you listen very closely you can definitely tell that if that is Jerry it sounds a bit off. I know Jerry was not in that movie much at all so it relly could have been Brian.