Question about Kermit the Frog

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question regarding Kermit the Frog, but first off, I would like to apologize if this is in the wrong thread, please move it if it is. O-k, I know Kermit the Frog has appeared on "Sesame Street" for a while, and he has appeared in "the Muppet Show" ever since the show started, but did he appear on "Sesame Street" even after he became a part of "the Muppet Show"? I know "the Muppet Show" came years later after "Sesame Street", but I am just curious. Can anyone please clarify? Thank you in advance.

Muppetmonster

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question regarding Kermit the Frog, but first off, I would like to apologize if this is in the wrong thread, please move it if it is. O-k, I know Kermit the Frog has appeared on "Sesame Street" for a while, and he has appeared in "the Muppet Show" ever since the show started, but did he appear on "Sesame Street" even after he became a part of "the Muppet Show"? I know "the Muppet Show" came years later after "Sesame Street", but I am just curious. Can anyone please clarify? Thank you in advance.

Muppetmonster

As a matter of fact, yes (in inserts that is). His very last appearance on the street was the first of the Hurricane episodes, and prior to that, a musical number with Keb Mo.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Thought he came back to his house, when Grover came over, and they demostrated Light and Dark.

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
I applaude Whitmire for being Kermit's replacement when Jim left us -

The duet with Tony Bennett on "Firefly" certainly proved that to me!...

Never knew, but since Jim's death has Steve also performed OTHERS
that Jim used to helm - like Rowlf, Ernie, Guy Smiley, etc?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Never knew, but since Jim's death has Steve also performed OTHERS
that Jim used to helm - like Rowlf, Ernie, Guy Smiley, etc?
Steve also performs Ernie. Currently Bill Barretta (the incredibly talented performer of Pepe) has been performing Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, and The Swedish Chef. Dave Goelz (Gonzo) has taken over Waldorf. And Eric Jacobson (Frank Oz's replacement for Miss Piggy, Fozzie, etc.) has taken on Guy Smiley.

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
Heh - never knew this - thanks!

I also didn't know about Eric Jacobson now
doing 'Piggy'....is this a permanent thing?...and why if it is?

Obviously Eric couldn't replace OZ's 'Yoda'
:smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Heh - never knew this - thanks!

I also didn't know about Eric Jacobson now
doing 'Piggy'....is this a permanent thing?...and why if it is?

Obviously Eric couldn't replace OZ's 'Yoda'
:smile:
Yes, it's permanent. Frank decided to distance himself from the Muppets to pursue his career as a director. Eric has been Piggy for about seven years now, and he does a great job.