1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Question about MC Smilies

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by tutter_fan, Nov 15, 2012.

1. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

This is weird! I tried to use a Muppet smilie (or smiley) in a recent thread, and the smilies don't appear until I move the page up. Also, the smilies appear normally if a user decided to post a topic. Something fishy is going on here...
  2. tutter_fan

it's been at least a week since I posted this, and so far I haven't gotten any feedback about the smiley error I've found.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure what the problem you're having is. Could you explain it in a little more detail?
  4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Start by telling us What browser are you using
  5. tutter_fan

OK. I'm using Chrome. One day, I made a post, and when I went to choose the smiley I wanted, the box that has the smilies somehow doesn't appear where it should. It appears right in the middle of the page I'm on, unless I'm making a new topic.
  6. Sgt Floyd

Odd, since I use chrome and have had no problems. Maybe try clearing your cache...if that doesn't work, try another browser altogether...
  7. tutter_fan

odd! It works in IE, so it should work in chrome. Maybe if I uninstall & reinstall it, it should work...
  8. tutter_fan

9. tutter_fan

I guess I'll just have to use notepad so I can type the appropriate code for the smileys I want to use. I like chrome, and I don't want to start from scratch again!
  10. Sgt Floyd

Did you clear your cache?
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  11. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I'm looking into this and will try to find a fix for you... Are you running any extensions or add-ons on Chrome?

It sounds like a temporary work around is to click on the "more options" link at the bottom of the quick reply area. This will take your reply to a new page just like starting a new thread.
  12. tutter_fan

not a problem. If you can't, not a problem either. I'm currently working on copying the emoticons for the characters we already have into a notepad file just in case. By the way, who is this Muppet?: :ouch:
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

:ouch: This is one of Marvin Sugg's Muppephones.

This page may help as well.
  14. tutter_fan

ok. Thanks for the help. consider this thread closed.
  15. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Out of pure curiosity, did you actually clear your cache? And do you actually know what it is?
  16. tutter_fan

yeah, I cleared it. Isn't a cache an area on your computer that stores all your websites you go to so you don't have to worry about trying to remember the addresses for each site?
  17. Sgt Floyd

Depends really. You might have just cleared your history. On chrome the option is on on the history screen under the clear browsing data option and you want to make sure "clear cache" is checked in the popup...

It doesn't so much store what websites you go to as it does all of the files and information that website sends to your computer. Like, it stores information of pictures so the computer can quickly load them the next time you visit...

I still believe this problem is on your end, as I am using the most recent version of Chrome and not having any issues
  18. tutter_fan

I'm using the recent version of chrome and I can't seem to understand why things are being buggy on my end. oh well......
  19. MacyLynn

MacyLynn New Member

:sigh: How can I get these cool emoticons on my computer?
    Or are they only useable on this forum?
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yes, the Muppet icons are only available on this forum. Hope this helps. :wisdom: